All college students should take history classes

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All college students should take history classes

• xicoooon
    University: 南开大学
    Nationality: China
    April 16, 2019 at 12:00 pm

Nowadays, some people proposed that all college students should take history classes, I firmly stand behind this statement.

First, so many of us are not happy after graduating from universities, although we have already been master of various technologies or got a nice offer whether from a big company or from a better university. In China, before the time we born, our parents has already placed high expectations on us, like we should go to top primary school or middle school, even taking all kinds of after school classes, in order to go to top universities, and we have to suffer various pressure from our parents or friends, so we study very hard day and night, about twelve hours a day in china, and what we are doing is simply practicing the knowledge we have learned over and over again, if you’re lucky enough to be admitted by a key university, do not get relaxed first, because what you are facing is to attend a better university or to compete a better job, you have to learn math, python, code and likewise. However, I have seen so many people are tired of this, they are desperate to know what the world is, who they are, what they are living for.

Second, learning history offers us better perspective to understand our world, where we are from, who we are, where we are going, what’s more, we can learn a lot from the history to predict the future, I believe it can help us build a better plan for our life, in my own case, although I haven’t participated any professional college history class, I have read a lot of history books with so many questions inside my mind, luckily enough I have solve almost all of them. For example, If I haven’t read the history of China, I will never be proud of my homeland and heroes coming from here, like chairman Mao, Zhu Geliang, HanXin and so on, they are full of wisdom, they know humanness very well, they know what people are thinking, they know leading probloms about society or countries, actually, I have learned a lot from them. Besides, combined with observing reality, I come to know that all of us will have our show time in history, at present, the resources are dominated by middle-aged, like the professors in our school, like Jack Ma, but they are bound to get older, and we have chance to define the world we want.

From what has been discussed above, considering so many people are not satisfied with their life although they already have lots of achievement and history can help us know who we are, where we are going, there is no doubt that everyone should have the chance to study history.

——————–

Report from WritersForMe.com

SCORE

PROBLEMS

• Excessive use of passive-voice sentences (reduce to less than 5%);
    • Most sentences contain 20+ words; shorten them to 20 (preferably -15) words;
    • Lengthy paragraphs; limit each paragraph to 85 words;
    • A large number of grammatical, spelling and punctuation errors;
    • Convention errors (check sentence spacing);
    • Punctuation errors (check online how to use comma and semicolon within a sentence or between sentences/clauses);
    • A large number of vocabulary/variety issues(avoid using same words/expressions).

You need to rewrite and re-upload your essay.

superdanny
    University: Central China Normal University
    April 16, 2019 at 4:33 pm

Nowadays, some people suppose that all college students should receive history education. While there is a risk to increase the workloads of college students, I take leave to support the idea that history classes should be regarded as a necessity.

In the first place, many students have already fed up with a cramming way of study, and they expect more than limited professional skills in their college lives. Tons of students would not focus on what they are studying now if not for the great expectations from both themselves and their parents. Admittedly, many of the students have a splendid future before and behind them, but they are not content with the narrow way ahead. Good qualifications are proofs of their intelligence and perseverance, but never hold the key to be an interesting and chill person. By learning history in a college, students can become more wise and reflective. At the meantime, they are saved from a boring manner of life.

Secondly, history is such an appealing subject that it offers us with immense joy and wisdom. It not only helps us to know ourselves better but also guides us in the course of our life journey. Although I have never participated in any historical course, I benefitted a lot when I was reading history. It entitled me standing on the shoulders of giants, to witness the genius ideas and avoid any pitfalls which may occur later in my life. Moreover, history gives me a wider view of the world, which enabled me to see through things more objectively. Exploring history is a fantastic and rewarding voyage, none of the college students should miss it.

In a nutshell, I advocate this policy not only because college students feel obliged to learn history in order to expand the curriculum, but also history itself is a kind of wisdom with great charm.

—————–

To Superdanny:

Score: 63.5.

Problem: Many sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten them and then re-upload your essay.

Sherry
    University: XD University
    April 17, 2019 at 5:44 am

Some people propose that all college students should take history classes,and I totally agree with it.

First of all,many students expect to learn more about the world excluding their professional knowledge,and history plays a critical role in our human society.However,they are short of a platform to obtain these knowledge in system.Thus,it is imperative for colleges to provide their students an access to learn.In addition,there are many children lack of  thoughts of their own.One of the advantages of history is it would have a great impact on one’s value and world outlook which directly affect his/her  whole life.

Secondly,as a subject full of wisdom,history is complicated and profound.Because of this,it is necessary for students to learn through a professional method.Graduates would lose a great chance to learn history in a proper way.Under an excellent professor leading,undergraduates would obtain much more than learning by themselves.Admittedly,learning history helps us jump out of our daily life,and brings us new perspectives towards world.What’s more,it can peace our heart from fast-paced society.

To sum up,it is imperative for all college students to take history classes.Though it may heighten their study stress,it is much worthwhile.

——————-

To Sherry:

Your essay scores 18.8. Here are the major problems you need to address prior to submitting your revised essay.

1. Reduce the number of passive voice sentences to less than 5%;
    2. Keep the number of sentences with 20+ words less than 5%;
    3. Writer a longer essay (300 – 320 words).

I will re-grade your essay and give you additional advice on improvement once you resolve the issues noted above.

Best wishes,

Lin Qiu

yumh
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: the People's Republic of China
    April 17, 2019 at 6:55 am

Nowadays, certain people claim that all college students should take history classes. Even though in most departments, history is not students’ compulsory course, I still firmly go along with this statement.

To begin with, history courses can offer more wisdom than simple employee skill. In China, it is common for most college students to master various technologies to prepare for a nice job. Several causes lead to this situation, including high expectations from parents, employment pressure from society and cost of living expenses. Admittedly, hardcore courses like math and code can help students raise their competitiveness. Nevertheless, in the long run, history course is more important due to its characteristics. History is like a mirror to reflect people’s advantages and disadvantages faithfully. Students can adopt good points and simultaneously avoid the shortcomings, which is conducive for their entire lives. As a result, students can become more reflective and wise.

Furthermore, history classes can offer students immense joyfulness. When reading history stories, they have access to different lives that they never experienced before. As for me, I am a mediocre one among enormous amounts of college students. However, when I read history stories in the class, I can imagine that I were the hero who was a real figure in ancient times. Maybe he saved many ordinary people’s lives during the war. When conjuring up those images, I always felt excited and glorious. Thus, history classes do not only provide students with knowledge but also bring about great joy from imagination.

In a nutshell, I stoutly agree that the university should urge all students to take history classes. Students could feel joyful at present, and even become wiser in the future.

————————————–

Score: 57.2

Suggestions for improvement: Improve clarity.

• Several causes lead to this situation, including high expectations from parents, employment pressure from society and costs of living expenses.
    • Several causes lead to this situation, including high expectations from parents, employment pressure from society, as well as living costs. (2nd sentence is clearer and simple, which helps to increase 0.6 points).
    • Admittedly, hardcore courses like math and code can help students raise their competitiveness.
    • Admittedly, core courses (+0.4) such as (+0.2) mathematics (+0.1) and coding (+0.1) can help students raise their competitiveness.
    superdanny
    University: Central China Normal University
    April 17, 2019 at 11:09 am

Nowadays, some people suppose that all college students should receive history education. While there is a risk to increase the workloads of college students, I take leave to support the idea that history classes should be regarded as a necessity.

In the first place, many students have already fed up with a cramming way of study. As they are not at all anxious social climbers, they seek for more than professional skills in college. Tons of students would not focus on what they are studying now if not for the great expectations from both themselves and their parents. Admittedly, many of the students have a splendid future before and behind them, but they are not content with the narrow way ahead. Good qualifications are proofs of their intelligence and perseverance, but never hold the key to be a chill person. However, provided with a glance to history, they may become more knowledgeable and humorous. And meanwhile, they are emancipated from a boring manner of life.

Secondly, history is such an appealing subject that it offers us with immense joy and wisdom. It not only helps us to know ourselves better but also guides us in the course of our life journey. Although I have never participated in any historical course, I benefitted a lot when I was reading history. It entitled me standing on the shoulders of giants, to witness the genius ideas and avoid any pitfalls which may occur later in my life. Moreover, history gives me a horizontal view of the world, which enabled me to see through things more objectively. Exploring history is a fantastic and rewarding voyage, none of the college students should miss it.

In a nutshell, I advocate this policy not only because college students feel obliged to learn history in order to expand the curriculum, but also history itself is a kind of wisdom with great charm.

—————

This essay scores 63.3.

Suggestions for Improvement

Minimize lengthy sentences (20+ words).

dexterchou
    University: Zhejiang University
    April 17, 2019 at 1:31 pm

Nowadays, some people argue that all college students should take history classes. As history could help students to realize our world better and step further in the future, I firmly stand behind this statement.

Learning history could make life more meaningful. It’s not strange that some people who are thought to be successful secularly feel vacuous about the world they are living since they rarely have a chance to learn it. Children in China are born with the expectations from their parents to grow up as excellent people. Thus they are required to spend their time learning the useful classes and getting excellent scores to enter the famous universities, which leads to these kids being full of knowledge but without the awareness of why they need these knowledge or what they can do to the world with their knowledge. However, rather than focused on secular problem, history classes tell the interactions between the people and their worlds, this would help students in the university to start to realize themselves as well as the world: who they are, where they come from and where they are going. Equipped with history knowledge, they will get a deeper understanding of the world, which will help them to live a fulfilling life instead of doing the repetitive work.

Moreover, history can serve as the reference when problems come out. By learning history classes, you get to know the experience and wisdom of the people in ancient time and with which you could deal with many difficult issues. For example, from the books I read about China history, I know lots of great generals like Zedong Mao, Xin Han and Geliang Zhu, who are adept in employing people and managing countries. After familiar with their theories, I became more skilled in cooperating with others and make our team perform better. Besides, learning history could also help us know how the world evolve from past to present and predict how it will evolve from present to the future. With rational prediction, we could equip ourselves with what we are still lacking and get prepared before true future arrives.

To sum up, learning history not only help us know our world better but also could help us perform better in the future. Therefore, it is highly recommended that everyone should take history classes.

—————

This essay scores 64.1.

Problems:

1. Extensive use of passive voice sentences;
    2. More than half of the sentences exceed 20 words;
    3. Paragraphs exceed 85 words.
    4. Lengthy essay (reduce to 320 words).

NHanako
    University: SYSU
    April 17, 2019 at 3:21 pm

Nowadays, some people proposed that all college students should take history classes, I firmly stand behind this statement.

To begin with, while most of us have already mastered various technologies and received offers from either well-known companies or famous universities, we still get frustrated about graduating. In China, our parents always place high expectations on us. For example, we are expected to go to top schools and take all kinds of after-school classes in order to go to top universities. Furthermore, under the pressure from our parents or friends, we have to study hard all day and simply practice the knowledge we learned over and over again. And if you are admitted by a key university fortunately, you need to learn wide variety of career-related knowledge in order to compete a job in the future. As a consequence, many of us are tired of what we are going through and also,are desperate to know what the world is, who we are, what we are living for.

As a result, taking history classes offers us better perspective to answer the questions we mentioned above and we are able to predict the future by the history knowledge. To be more specific, I believe it can help us come up with a better plan for our life. Take myself as an example. I have read a lot of history books in classes with many questions in my mind, and luckily enough I solved almost all of them. For instance, I am proud of my homeland China and the heroes coming from here, such as chairman Mao, Zhu Geliang, HanXin and so on. They were full of wisdom, not only understood human being and the people very well, but also pondered problems about society or countries. And I have learned a lot from them. Besides, combined with observing reality, I come to know that all of us will shine in the past, at present or in the future. The resources now are dominated by middle-aged, such as our professors or some entrepreneurs. But they are bound to get older, and we have chance to define the world we want in the upcoming future.

Considering that so many of us are not satisfied with our life although we have already attained lots of achievements, history can help us know who we are and where we will go. In conclusion, there is no doubt that everyone should have the chance to study history in college.

————–

This essay scores 67.4. Major problems include:

• Extensive use of passive voice sentences (use less than 5%);
    • Many sentences exceed 20 words;

• Lengthy paragraphs (reduce to 85 words)
    Jack Song
    University: LNU
    April 18, 2019 at 12:24 am

Should all college students take history classes? Definitely, it gets my fully backing.

To start with some facts, firstly, even with master degrees and satisfying offers, we found ourselves not as happy as we imagined after graduating. Secondly, we are born to be highly expected by parents in China. For instance, top schools, training courses, famous universities and peers comparation. Consequently, we need to study day and night, nearly twelve hours a day, which results in meaningless repetition of knowledge practice. At length, even if you were lucky enough to be admitted by a key university, you have no chance to relax. Because a better university or good job opportunities are pushing you to learn more.

Considering all above, have you felt heart broking? These facts are a really headache. Well, taking a history class now, meeting the chance to liberalize your mind temporarily. Instead of thinking those facts to tired, you will relax you heart, empty your brain and rethink your life.

In reality, there are many advantages to learning history. It enables to bolster our understanding of the world and give us guidance in life journey. The philosophical questions, such as where we are from, who we are, and where we are going, will make us wise and reflective. Besides, we can even predict the future by learning from the past. For me, I believe it can help to build a better life plan. Although haven’t participated in any professional college history class before, I benefit a lot through reading history books. Without history learning, I would never know why I should be proud of my homeland and national heroes. These great historical personages, like chairman Mao, Geliang Zhu and Xin Han, showed deep insights in humanness and leadership. And I learned a lot from them. Apart from that, I come to know that all of us will have our show time in history, especially when we reach middle ages. History is changing, leaving us chances to define the world. Time make it inevitable that in every profession, young men replace the old.

In a word, learning history can make students wiser, understand themselves better, develop deeper sense of culture and have more positive space for relaxtion. There is no doubt that every college student should study history.

————–

Score: 67.8

Suggestions:

• Shorten your essay to 320 words (that may reduce your score);
    • Shorten lengthy paragraphs to 90 words.
    Suzy Lee
    University: Wuhan University
    April 18, 2019 at 4:05 am

In some people’s view, it is unnecessary for all college students to take history classes because it will cost them a great deal of time. However, I hold the opposite idea that that history education has more advantages than drawbacks and should be received as a routine.

In the first place, taking history classes is able to unwind students from their tedious major study and does good to their mental health. Now all the students are facing the fierce competition in the job hunting market. Plenty of undergraduates stick to their major for future career or parents’ expectations, but not for true admiration. Therefore, it is dull and unbearable for them to only absorb professional knowledge and obtain specified skills. Exploring new area such as history seems to be a superb choice to get away from their adversity. Moreover, during the process of receiving history education, college students can indulge in many history figures’ enjoyable stories without confronting their miseries. A moment’s rest counts than everything.

In the second place, learning history offers college students various perspectives to understand the world and helps them be well-rounded. Global history is filled up with diverse legends and mysteries of humans. It enables us to see the exotic cultures in objective way and try to make a full comprehension of them. Also, we can acquire wisdom of life to be well developed through exploring great men and loser’s unique experiences. For instance, how to overcome failures and how to make achievements without pride. Although I have not participated in any history classes, I benefit a lot from reading history books. Indeed, learning from history never has an end.

From what has been discussed above, learning history in college has countless merits than its limitless defects. Hence I strongly support that all college students should take history courses for long-range development.

—————-

Score: 57.1

Problems:

1. Excessive use of passive-voice sentences;
    2. Numerous conventions and grammar issues.

Sentences difficult to read:

1. Moreover, during the process of receiving history education, college students can indulge in many history figures’ enjoyable stories without confronting their miseries.
    2. In the second place, learning history offers college students various perspectives to understand the world and helps them be well-rounded.
    3. Hence I strongly support that all college students should take history courses for long-range development.
    yuyao
    University: Xi'an Jiaotong University
    April 18, 2019 at 6:14 am

Nowadays, some people proposed that all college students should take history courses. Although history may seem unrelated to some majors such as science and engineering, I firmly believe that students from all majors can benefit from history courses.

To begin with, the main goal of university education should not be preparing the society with students mastering a certain professional skill; it should be more about guiding students to find out what kind of person they want to be, and how can they achieve their goals. However, there are still universities creating working machines. As physics majored students at XXX University, our schedules are filled with all kinds of physics courses and experiments. I know that many of my classmates are tired of this life, but they do not know what they could do to pursue a happier life. This situation is very common among students at many universities in China. By taking history courses, students can learn the life stories of all kinds of people, which may help them to find their own answers to what they want, and how to achieve that.

Furthermore, learning history can offer us a better perspective for our own field of specialization. Upon absorbing the wisdom of previous people, we could make further innovations based on their study. For example, by studying the history of economic policies in China, an economist can give better advice to the government about maintaining the thriving of China’s economy. By learning the history of aircraft, an engineer can know the challenges in making an aircraft and may have ideas to overcome these challenges. When students start their professional careers in a certain field, the history courses they have taken in that field can significantly aid their career development.

In short, taking history courses can not only benefit students in finding the meaning of life but also in their professional careers. Therefore, I suggest that all university students should take history courses.

——————

Score: 56.2

Problems:

1. Excessive use of passive-voice sentences;
    2. More than half of the sentences exceed 20 words;
    3. Large number of conventions issues (need spacing between sentences).
    shayne
    University: 华南农业大学
    Nationality: china
    April 18, 2019 at 7:40 am

Nowadays, some people proposed that all college students should take history classes, I totally agree with this statement.

Firstly, most people are unhappy after graduating, although they have already gained a wide range of knowledge or got a nice offer. In China, many parents always hope their children to go to prestigious schools and have a promising career. That may put pressure on children, so they have to stay up finishing Arranged tasks and practicing the knowledge. By learning history, they may able to foster analytical abilities, which may help them become more productive.

Secondly, learning history offers people a better understanding of the world and even they can learn from the history to predict the future. History can also help people develop problem-solving skills, which could contribute to solve problems. For example, the heroes, like chairman Mao, Zhu Geliang, and HanXin, understand the history of china so they can tackle different problems with ease. Besides, young people have chance to write down their history and  define the era.

In conclusion, considering many people are dissatisfied with their lives although they have lots of achievement and history that can help them know themselves better. It necessary for them to study history.

————-

Score: 57.3

Suggestions:

• Expand your essay to 320 words;
    • Shorten sentences exceeding 20 words;
    • Large number of grammar/spelling/conventions/punctuation errors.
    Matthew
    University: YZU
    Nationality: Chinese
    April 18, 2019 at 8:13 am

Currently, people raise the warm discussion on whether all college students should take history classes. In my perspective, it is necessary to let all students in college learn history courses.

In the first step, learning history courses is a crucial factor to form better critical thought for college students. History, as a mirror, reflects the wisdom from the antecedents. In one hand, the experience of history enables college students to improve the judgement in the process of participating in history disciplines. In another hand, the historical events give alarm to everyone and constrain the bad behaviors in daily life. Also, critical thought is essential for the understanding in physical and social discipline. Thus, to satisfy the need of study and high exceptions on occupations, taking history classes does benefits to further develop on critical thought. According to these regards, it is necessary to participate in history courses.

Plus, the acquirement of history classes is favor for the inheritance of culture between generations. History is a vital part of the nation and country because culture is included in history. If people gradually begin to forget history of some ancient countries, their culture will be out of sight in the end. Thus, the good inheritance of history conserve the civilization of a nation. From this view, the liveness of national culture need the guard all college students. Additionally, learning history courses help the communication between different cultures. If we have little common sense of history about other nation, ignoring the difference between cultures may lead to troublesome communication, even the failure of business negotiations. Therefore, the learning of history classes is quite important for the preservation of national culture, but only for the intercultural communication, trade and so on.

In a word, the learning of history courses is urge and necessary for college students. In the view of development for the individual, the acquirement of history disciplines is beneficial to the improvement of critical thought and long-standing developing of the career life for college students. In the view of the cultural preservation and intercultural communications, college students’ learning history classes plays a positive role on cultural inheritance and international communication.

————-

Score: 40.6

Suggestions for improvement:

• Minimize passive-voice sentences;
    • Reduce the number of sentences exceeding 20 words;
    • Improve connections by using different words to start a sentence. (Check how many sentences in your essay starting with the word “In”);
    • Huge number of grammar and conventions issues;
    • Improve variety using different words for the same meaning.
    Sherry
    University: XD University
    April 18, 2019 at 9:01 am

Nowadays, some people propose that all college students should take history classes, and I firmly stand behind this statement.

First of all, for parents place much expectation on our study performance, we are used to ignore studying in other area. Though many of us have learned various of professional knowledge, we desire to explore more in other subject. Learning technology skills can bring us a better career future, but could not let us to be wise and independent. However, history classes would offer us a wider perspective. By learning those story happened in the past, students would have a deeper understanding of current situation. Admittedly, the wisdom of history would shape our value and world outlook.And those above are the essential factors to build a happy life.

Secondly, as a subject full of wisdom, history is complicated and profound. Even tough I never participated in history classes, I have been attracted by its charm. Thus, it is necessary to learn by a professional and systematic way. And in this situation, college is an ideal platform. Being guided by professors, we can understand history most properly. It is more effective than learning by ourselves. Moreover, the content in history saves us from daily life, it would enrich our mental world and strengthen our spirit. We can obtain peace heart from it in fast-paced society.

To sum up, history plays an critical role in all the people’s life. And though learning it may heighten college students’ study stress, it is essential for us to take history classes.

—————–

Score: 63.3 (Your essay is too short to reflect a genuine score)

Problems

• Excessive use of passive-voice sentences;
    • Large number of grammar and conventions issues.
    xicoooon
    University: 南开大学
    April 18, 2019 at 11:19 am

Nowadays, with the advent of modernization, increasingly people are suffering from the throat-cutting job market. Most of they have to grab the very chance to enhance their competitiveness by learning various high-end technology, which is usually time-consuming, to secure them a lucrative career. However, people’s views differ greatly as to which should be the superior option of course arrangement to all students should take history course or to whether take a history depends on students themselves. Considering we’d better arrange our life in the long term, I choose to stand behind the statement that we everyone should take history class.

First, most of us are not happy although we have already been master of several technologies. In China, before we born, our parents has already placed high expectations on us, for example, we have to take all kinds of after school tutoring programs in order to attend top universities, we have to study twelve hours a day simply practicing the knowledge we have learned thousand times, and it starts the day we born and ends at 18, if we did do this, many people would have a more meaningful teenage life. If you’re lucky enough to go to a key university, do not get relaxed first, because what you are facing is to attend a better university or to get a nice job. However, I have seen lots of people are fed up with this, they are overwhelmed by loneliness more or less.

Second, as far as I am concerned, the reason why I am satisfied with my life is that I have an idea of history, not only can it tell us who we are, where we from, what life is, what we living for but also can we predict the future using it. in my own case, I was very upset or say depressed at the beganning of my college life, it was hard for me to major in mathematics, so I kept asking myself what I was doing, when the end was, and was I going to be in such a bad mood until I die? To answer these questions, I had read a lot of history books during my spare time,and luckily enough I have solved most of them. now I am proud of my homeland and heroes coming from here, like chairman Mao, Zhu Geliang, HanXin and so on, they are full of wisdom, they know humanness very well, and they know what people are thinking and what will happen tomorrow. They are the exact person I want to be. Besides, combined with observing reality, I come to know that all of us will have our show time in history, this is because, at present, the resources are dominated by middle-aged, like the professors in our school, like Jack Ma, but they are bound to get older, so all of us have chance to define the world we want. And the most important thing is to make progress step by step, inch by inch, day by day. This make me feel better when it comes to my future life.

From my point of view, this world not only made of substance but also from spirit. We have already done so much for our surviving, so all of us need an opportunity to calm ourselves down, history can definitely conduce to achieve this goal.

————————-

This essay scores 59.8. (Your score might be lower when you reduce your essay to 320 words, which is our requirement.)

Problems

1. The essay is wordy, so reduce it to 320 words;
    2. Excessive use of passive-voice sentences;
    3. Many sentences exceed 20 words;
    4. Paragraphs exceed the 85-word requirement;
    5. Half of the sentences are very difficult to read;
    6. Large number of grammar/conventions/punctuation/vocabulary issues.
    nifeng0721
    University: Sun Yat-sen University
    April 18, 2019 at 11:56 am

I firmly stand behind the statement all college students should take history classes.

First, learning historical events or figures provide us a rich understanding of the past and profound lessons of life. For example, exploring the Chinese history answered my question about how our ancestor built this grandiose civilization. Before reading history books, various questions are inside my mind, like why so many people are proud of my country. And how someone become so famous among their latter generations. From paper materials, I knew many wisdom celebrities and heroes greatly contributed to our country and civilizational progress. Like Confucius, First Emperor of Qin, Sun Yat-sen and so on, all of them are full of wisdom. What really inspired and thrilled me is that chairman Mao, Zhu Geliang, HanXin, those famous persons came from my hometown. They’re all the ones who read large amounts of books and learned from history, and try to solve problems about society or countries. That really gives me passion and determination to study hard and glean experiences from the past to solve current problems.

What’s more, exploring history develops our philosophic thinking of life and helps us enhance sense of happiness and satisfaction. For me, better understanding of history tells us the meaning of life. Glancing over the historical evolution of human civilization, I found it was an active example of history of philosophy development. Being close to western history, from Aristotle and Plato, humans are enlightened to think about who we are and where we are come from. The whole course of civilized progress, including building empire and colonizing lands, all are actions to find answers of where are we go. These essential and basic issues help me find purposes of many things. When I spare no effort to fight for a nice offer from famous colleges or big companies, I am not happy. Because suffering various pressure from our parents or friends, I don’t know why I have to do this. After conducting a self-assessment, I know well about what I really want is not just a peaceful life. What I want to go and to do is entering the people and exerting my influence. In this way, historical knowledge gives me useful and wise instructions of my life. I know well about what’s the meaning of my hardworking and how to make an ideal choice just like previous figures.

—————–

Already explained during the lecture.

Tagged: