All university students should be required to take at least one course that teaches them the cultures of other countries.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take at least one course that teaches them the cultures of other countries.

• catherien
    University: dalian university
    Nationality: China
    June 25, 2020 at 7:15 am

All university students should be required to take at least one course that teaches them the cultures of other countries.

With the increasing bond between countries, people should know each other better than before. Some people insisted that students need to be taught other countries’ cultures at universities, but others think this policy will increase the financial burden of school. I prefer the first idea.

Firstly, taking the cultural class has the advantage of studying abroad. Nowadays more and more students are willing to choose overseas universities and colleges. So having a better understanding of other cultures will improve their learning environment. Meanwhile, it also intensifies their ability to live independently. Taking my cousin as an example, he took his graduate degree in America. American lifestyle was totally different from his, sometimes he liked to read books alone at weekends but his American roommate want to hold a big party. If he had learned the American lifestyle in his universities, he would pick Chinese roommates.

Secondly, students who took cultural classes will have more competitive strength in job interviews. More foreign companies open substantial branch offices in China, and these offices offer thousands of job positions. For interviewers, they prefer to hire those applicants who have familiar with their countries’ cultures. According to an internet research report, staffs who know their foreign companies’ background and culture have better performance at work. Moreover, those staffs have a sense of belonging, which makes them stay longer. It is a win-win situation for both companies and staff.

Admittedly, opening an extra cultural class might increase the spending of the universities, because universities have to hire relative professors and provide rooms. However, compared with the potential benefits of the class, the cost is negligible, in my opinion. Consequently, it is quite wise to require students to take a cultural class.

In conclusion, I believe all the students should take this kind of class for their own sake.

June 25, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Score: ungraded

With the increasing bond between countries, people should know each other better than before. Some people insisted [ tense error ] that students need to be taught [ passive ] countries’ cultures at universities[word form error  ], but others think this policy will increase the financial burden of school. I prefer the first idea.[the first and the 2nd support the same argument  ]  [ cliche; rewriting introductory paragraph ]

Firstly, taking the [  article error]cultural class (has the advantage of)[ unclear ] studying abroad. (Nowadays more and more students are willing to choose overseas universities and colleges. So having a better understanding of other cultures will improve their learning environment. )[  logically confusing]Meanwhile, it[unclear pronoun  ] also intensifies their [unclear pronoun  ]ability to live independently. Taking my cousin as an example, [ punctuation error ]he (took his graduate degree)[ confusing ] in America. [lost logical connection from the last sentence  ]American lifestyle was totally different from his, [ punctuation error ]sometimes he liked to read books alone at[wrong preposition  ] weekends [punctuation error  ]but his American roommate want [grammatical error  ]to hold a big party. (If he had learned the American lifestyle in his universities)[ confusing ], he would pick Chinese roommates[word inconsistency  ].

Secondly, students who took cultural classes will have more competitive strength in job interviews. More foreign companies open substantial branch offices in China, and these offices offer thousands of job positions. For interviewers, they prefer to hire those applicants who have familiar with their countries’ cultures. According to an internet research report, staffs who know their foreign companies’ background and culture have better performance at work. Moreover, those staffs have a sense of belonging, which makes them stay longer. It is a win-win situation for both companies and staff.

Admittedly, opening an extra cultural class might increase the spending of the universities, because universities have to hire relative professors and provide rooms. However, compared with the potential benefits of the class, the cost is negligible, in my opinion. Consequently, it is quite wise to require students to take a cultural class.

In conclusion, I believe all the students should take this kind of class for their own sake.