All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answers.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answers.

• james3
    University: Tongji
    Nationality: China
    July 9, 2020 at 11:50 am

All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answers.

In my country, history courses seem not to be popular, and most people think it’s useless. However, is history really useless? From my perspective, I believe students, in university, are needed to take those courses.

To begin with, several abilities are cultivated by learning history. As we all know, history is responsible to study the past. During the process, we need to remember events that happened before. It is possible to develop the memorizing ability. Then it’s the time to process the information we just memorized. Summarize and paraphrasing are required in it. Finally, we need to write the report of your history essay, there are more abilities involve, such as analytical ability, writing ability and organizing ability. All of those are important, not only for the future study but also the life in society.

Second, it also necessary for your own field. Nearly every subject has their own history, and these are bases of one course. Not only does to solve the problem become easier, but also people’s interest of the course can be developed. For example, once solving a history question, which is about floating, I was really trapped and could not continue any more. Coincidently, my history book just fell down from the shelf and open with the page of ancient Greek. Glancing the content of the book, I was surprised that it talks about how Archimedes invented the formula of buoyancy. From it, I found that the formula we learn on the class are all changed. The origin one is just that the buoyancy force of an object equal to the gravity of it. Finally, I solve the problem easily.

However, not all student needs to take the course. People who are already familiar with the history or the one has already taken history outside the university, should not be forced to take these courses. But the premise is that they are really know the history。

To sum up, concerning those advantages I mention above about learning history, require every student in university to learn history is a reasonable suggestion.

July 9, 2020 at 8:48 pm

Score: 61.4

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.