All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

• zzzttt
    University: China University of Geosciences
    Nationality: China
    July 29, 2021 at 1:38 pm

All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is.

Personally, I totally think that university students whose major is not history or history-related don’t have to spend a lot of time to take history courses. There are three reasons to explain this.

Firstly, the most important thing for every student is to master their professional knowledge in the university. With the rapid development of modern society, students have to take more and more difficult and complex courses to meet the requirements of job market in the future. Students are facing great pressure of study and employment. At this time, it is obviously unwise for the school to force all college students to take history classes. I would like to share my experience with you. My major is Remote Sensing. As a new interdisciplinary field, we are required to learn various skills, including programming, geography and math etc. Therefore, our professional courses are so many and difficult that I don’t think I have time to study history.

Secondly, everyone can learn history in different ways. When we were children, parents and grandparents might begin to tell us the history of our country. When we grow up, we can even learn more about history by visiting museums, traveling and surfing the Internet. So, it is not necessary for non-history major students to take a lot of time to learn history in a classroom. On the contrary, some students may be tired of history if they were required to take some boring history courses.

Thirdly, it is undeniable that many students, including me, are in love with history. History can not only broaden our horizons, but also remind us of the experience and lessons in the process of social development. One of my favorite books, called The Ups and Downs of Ming Dynasty, mainly describes the history of Ming Dynasty. After reading this book, I begin to think deeply the rule of the society’s development. So, taking history as an elective course will be a good choice.

In a word, every coin has two sides. It will be nice for students to choose taking history course freely.

July 29, 2021 at 2:07 pm

Invalid [Please complete the revision of your other essay prior to working on this one.]