All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• ccy
    University: High School
    Nationality: Chinese
    September 29, 2020 at 8:47 pm

All university students should be required to take history courses no matter what their field of study is. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, many people suggest that all college students need to take history classes, whatever their major is. They say that learning history subject benefits college students. In my opinion, students whose major is not history do not need to take history classes.

First, most students have already had history classes in high school. It is a waste of time to learn old knowledge again. Chinese students, for example, take World history and Chinese history in high school. They are very familiar with this knowledge. They can spend their time on hobbies in college instead of taking boring history classes. My college used to force me to study history. I had no choice but to attend each class. I had planned to do many things, but because of the history class, I could not accomplish my plans. As a result, there is no need to require students who already learned the historical knowledge to attend the history class.

What’s more, some students have inadequate time to have history classes. Some engineering students have a lot of work to do. They slept only three hours every day but still can not finish their tasks. One of my friends, who are a freshman in software engineering, told me that she was very busy that she spent 80% of her time studying engineering and had no time for her hobbies. History classes are a burden for her. Since students are so busy in their field, the school should relieve students instead of their heavy burdens.

Some people say that only do we learn the history can we never make the mistakes people used to make. For example, the Chinese will always remember the date of September 18th, when Japan invaded China. However, since college students have already learned history in high school, and they do not have enough time to learn history, the university should not require students in all fields to learn history.

September 30, 2020 at 8:23 pm

Nowadays, many people suggest that all college students need to take history classes, whatever [  regardless of/ irrespective of]their major is. They say that learning history subject benefits college students. In my opinion, students whose major is not history[History  ] do not need to take history classes.

First, most students have already had history classes in high school. It is[therefore  ] a waste of time to learn old knowledge again. Chinese students, for example, take World history[History  ] and Chinese history[History  ] in high school. They[ , so they ] are very familiar with this knowledge. [ As such, they ]They can spend their time on hobbies in college instead of taking boring history classes. My college used to force me to study history[ History ]. I had no choice but to attend each class. I had planned to do many things, but because of the history class, I could not accomplish my plans. As a result, there is no need to require students who already learned the historical knowledge to attend the history class.[ redundant ]

What’s more, some students have inadequate time to have history classes. Some engineering students have a lot of [ so much ]work to do. They slept [that they sleep  ]only three hours every day[. Even so, they are still unable to complete assignments.  ] but still can not finish their tasks. One of my friends, who are[  is] a freshman in software engineering[of Software Engineering major  ], told me that she was very [so  ]busy that she spent 80% of her time studying engineering [thereby leaving little  ] and had no time for her hobbies. [As a consequence, history  ]History classes are a burden for her. Since students are so busy in their field, the school should (relieve students instead of their heavy burdens.)[unclear  ]

Some people say that only do we learn the history can we never make the mistakes people used to make. For example, the Chinese will always remember the date of September 18th, when Japan invaded China. However, since college students have already learned history in high school, and they do not have enough time to learn history, the university should not require students in all fields to learn history.

September 30, 2020 at 8:33 pm

Final revision