Some people believe that allowing children to make their own choices on everyday matters (such as food, clothes and entertainment) is likely to result in a society of individuals who only think about their own wishes.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that allowing children to make their own choices on everyday matters (such as food, clothes and entertainment) is likely to result in a society of individuals who only think about their own wishes.

• Suzy2019
    University: Jiangsu University
    Nationality: China
    May 27, 2019 at 9:34 am

The two boys are making lanterns out of pumpkins by themselves in preparation for the upcoming Halloween party.

IELTS Writing Topic: Some people believe that allowing children to make their own choices on everyday matters (such as food, clothes and entertainment) is likely to result in a society of individuals who only think about their own wishes. Other people believe that it is important for children to make decisions about matters that affect them.

Discuss both these views and give your own opinion. Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

As children growing up, they will be facing a lot of problems in their own lives, such as food, clothes and entertainment. Therefore, in my opinion, it is necessary for us to make our children more independent, not relying on parents or teachers any more.

It will not result in the situation that children only think about themselves after making their own choices. Children are trying their best to learn something how to be independent, for example, young children would like to wash dishes for their families when the dinner was over. Although some parents worried about some negative characteristics, like selfish, maybe to some extent, ambition. Their views also exert some positive influences on children but they neglected the most significances of the individuals.

Life will bring us a lot of matters, not only in our past, in contrast, in our future. Hence, I agree with the people of the other side who stand the point that it is important for children to make decisions about matters that affect them. If children asked others every time when they got in trouble, they were still children in his thirties or forties and so on. For example, one of my best friends Amy was very pity and she was constrained by her parents for many years, though she longed to be an independent person, her parents controlled her, making her unhappy. I could not see her smile again because she had already lost her mind and her heart.

In conclusion, the story about Amy is definitely worthy thinking for everyone. We should try to let our children be more independent. When the time they meet the troubles, we can help them, not just control them.

June 8, 2019 at 4:02 pm

Score: 69

Suggestions for Improvement

1. Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words.

Problems Highlight

As children growing up, they will be facing a lot of problems in their own lives, such as food, clothes and entertainment. Therefore, in my opinion, it is necessary for us to make our children more independent, not relying on parents or teachers any more.

It will not result in the situation that children only think about themselves after making their own choices. Children are trying their best to learn something how to be independent, [Punctuation error]for example, young children would like to wash dishes for their families when the dinner was over.[Verbose] Although some parents worried about some negative characteristics, like selfish, maybe to some extent, ambition.[Verbose] Their views also exert some positive influences on children [Punctuation error]but they neglected the most significances of the individuals.[Verbose]

Life will bring us a lot of matters, not only in our past, in contrast, in our future. Hence, I agree with the people of the other side who stand the point that it is important for children to make decisions about matters that affect them. If children asked others (every time when) whenever they got in trouble, they were still children in his thirties or forties and so on. For example, one of my best friends Amy was very pity[Punctuation error] and she was constrained by her parents for many years, though she longed to be an independent person, her parents controlled her, making her unhappy. [Verbose] I could not see her smile again because she had already lost her mind and her heart.

In conclusion, the story about Amy is definitely[Problematic/unnecessary adverb] worthy[grammatical error] thinking for everyone. We should try to let our children be more independent. When the time they meet the troubles, we can help them, not just control them.

Comment: There are more issues than those highlighted ones. Revise your essay and resubmit it. 

Tagged: