Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• onahole
    University: High School
    Nationality: China
    April 21, 2020 at 1:41 pm

Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In the development of our fast-paced society, individuals tend to find it troublesome to fit themselves in their position of responsibility because more professions are demanding people to have a variety of skills, both educational and technical. A vital question has been raised: is it true that people only do a few things well because they are hectic on too many different things? I will discuss the two major reasons why I disagree with this statement in the subsequent passage.

I believe the standard of doing things well is very hard to justify. Everyone has a different goal in life compare to other people. Usually people will claim that a promising career, and the vast amount of savings you make are the things considered to be “well” for people. However, this stereotypical consideration does not apply to my mother. As far as I am concerned, she is always busy with the house chores, and trivial events in day to day life, for example adjusting the television to the right position, accompanying my grandma every weekend to the movie theater, or providing a lovely hot meal for the siblings on time every day. I can tell that she feels happy and cheerful fulfilling these simple but meaningful tasks, which most people choose to neglect, and I believe she did them quite well.

As a high school student, I do like to try new things. I once heard one of my classmates judging me for occupying myself on a scores of different focuses. He addressed that it is almost impossible for me to finish all the school requirements successfully on time while focusing a large area of extra curriculum activities. He can be partly true on his argument, but I learned so many extra knowledge and information that weren’t taught in textbooks, and lectures.

April 24, 2020 at 1:01 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 55% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Marco
    University: BJUT
    Nationality: Chinese
    October 6, 2020 at 9:28 am

Sorry. I posted the same topic and my discussion was gone. It just led me to there. I think it’s a bug.