Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Dingguo W
    University: High school
    Nationality: China
    June 14, 2021 at 3:47 pm

Because people are busy doing so many different things, they do very few things well. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

In the fast-changing world today, everyone seems stressed and always preoccupied. Most of us have got the feeling that why there are so many works to do every day? As a result, we are forced to perform multiple tasks at the same time. However, I think because we are busy doing so many different things, we seldom do things well, and instead, we have spent a lot of time correcting the mistakes we accidentally made, which actually adds to the workload we already have and more importantly, shows how careless we are.

I have gone through this dilemma recently. I have been responsible for an international project where I have been analyzing the data from seven countries and drafted the manuscript based on the results. But at the same time, the graduation was approaching and I have to prepare for the thesis and I got this TOEFL test to take. I am totally overwhelmed by so many tasks that have to do at the same time. In order to catch all the deadlines, I had to skip some steps such as the checking part during analyzing the data. Now I’m so regretful that I did not spend enough time to check if all the figures are right. because some investigators have informed me that there was something wrong with the figures. Therefore, I had to go back to correct some figures. And because some of the figures changed, I had to repeat all the analyses, which is very time-consuming. More importantly, the worst part is, I left a bad impression that I am such a careless graduate student to the investigators.

This experience has taught me a lesson that do not perform multiple tasks at the same time. In order to save time and catch up with the deadlines, I will quicken the process and sometimes leave out the necessary steps. The consequence of such behaviors is spent more time to fix the problem and never do a great job.

June 15, 2021 at 4:07 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 45% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 30% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );
    3. Lengthy paragraphs; restrict each paragraph to 90 words. 

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.