Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to become financially responsible adults, children should learn to manage their own money at young age. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In order to become financially responsible adults, children should learn to manage their own money at young age. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• tuotuo
    University: ECNU
    Nationality: China
    October 6, 2020 at 9:12 am

Everyone needs to exchange things with money no matter he’s a child who wants to get toys or an adult who wants to raise family. That’s why I think learning to manage his own money is necessary for a young child.
    Firstly, learning to manage money at childhood can help a child to learn the responsibility and the importance to pay his money in appropriate situation. I have a niece who used to spend all her pocket money at the beginning of a month on treating her friends. Those unnecessary expense made her ran out of money to buy learning stuff her teacher asked. After that we taught her to divide her money into parts and manage the use of them according to her plans. Finally she gradually learned to be responsible for the money and her plans.
    Besides that, money management can help a person to construct a financial frame in their brain. And learn that frame at childhood will certainly help the person has a better understanding of the finance. I have a friend was taught money management when she was young. Then she invested some of her pocket money and earned a deal when she was 12. Ten years later she graduated from a great university and she makes her own living on finance now.
    Additionally, managing money makes a child to keep good relationship with friends and live a better life. After my niece learned to manage her money, she learned to pay part of her pocket money for buying stuff for study, and another part for buying presents for her favorite grandmother. After all of these, she still has some money left to treat her friends with candy. Finally she got more friends than before.
    Therefore, I agree that children need to learn to manage their own money in order to become financially responsible adults when they grow up. It can help them to learn the responsibility and to build their financial sense for further understanding about money, which will later help them to arrange money better and live a better life as adults.

University: Nanjing Normal University
    Nationality: China
    May 24, 2021 at 1:16 pm

With the financial development of modern society, people ought to have stronger skills to manage their money. Accordingly, we should pay more attention to teaching our kids to have solid financial knowledge and skills. Thus, children should manage their own money in order to become financially responsible adults who use money smartly and make more money via investment.

First and foremost, children who have the opportunity to manage their own money tend to eliminate the waste of money. By practicing in daily life, they would gradually acquire the skill and experience to use money wisely. For instance, my nephew gets a sum of money from his grandparents every Spring Festival and he could use the money by himself. At the beginning, he irrationally spent all the money to purchase snacks in a short time because he felt really satisfied at the moment. However, he realized that he could not do anything else he wanted after he used all his money. Eventually, he understood the significance of organizing money little by little and spent much less money on junk foods. If my nephew had not learned this lesson when he was young, he would squander more money in his adulthood.

What’s more, managing money arouses the interest of investment for children. Since reliable investments often take long time, young people who know how to invest money have more time and chances to purchase rewarding assets and make tremendous profits. For example, my niece learned the knowledge about stocks and funds when she managed her money by herself. Even though she didn’t have much money to buy shares when she was young, she made a large number of profits when she started working. She said that the reason why she could make much money through stocks is that she already had the sense of investment in her childhood.

In conclusion, should learn to manage their money as young as possible so that they could grow into financially responsible adults. With this, they can reduce the waste of money and purchase more profitable assets.