Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• AkaEdison
    University: Fudan
    Nationality: China
    September 11, 2021 at 4:01 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

No one would imagine the Internet would develop that fast twenty years ago. Admittedly, this technique has benefited people quite a lot. However, there’re still other things more urgent for governments to improve, for example, public transportation. It worth the importance stressed on it, for the advantages of saving money and being helpful to more people.

To start with, comparing to that spent on Internet, money invested on public transportation is much lower. For instance, last year I worked as a volunteer at a small village in the northwestern part of China. The local government had such modest income that it only collected a small amount of money to develop the village. At first, somebody suggested to improve Internet access, in order to make it possible for everyone to surf on the Internet. However, after we volunteers found that it would to too costly, the government had to give up this idea. At this time, I suggested to reconstruct the road at the village, which was cheaper. Additionally, the local people’s lives had been negatively affected by the poor road condition for a long time. In the end, my advice was considered to be acceptable.

What’s more, it is developing public transportation that benefits more people. The demand for Internet is relatively less in many conditions. Considering an area where most people don’t use computers, what if the local government introduces Internet there? Not hard to imagine that few would buy computers or phones, let alone using website, for they’re unnecessary. In other words, lack of Internet isn’t much an issue in many places, since Internet isn’t crucial to life. In comparison, if the public transportation is developed, all people will benefit from it, saving more time and enjoying convenience when they go out. Apparently, the claim that improving public transportation is more important is vindicated.

In a nutshell, I maintain that public transportation is more worthy, comparing to Internet access.

September 13, 2021 at 10:20 am

Invalid, please submit revisions to previous essay