Do you agree with the following statement? To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree with the following statement? To improve the quality of education, universities should spend more money on salaries for university professors.

• chongxiaoguai5288
    University: Fudan
    Nationality: South Korea
    September 12, 2022 at 12:40 pm

The quality of education has been an increasing concern for every country since it can determine the future development of the country. Therefore, some people propose that the salary of the professors should be raised in order to promote the quality of university education. I support this advocate.

To begin with, if there is more money paid to the professors, more talents will be attracted to become professors in the university, hence improving the quality of education.Take an economic professor in my university as an example. He initially worked in an investment bank.Having heard of the recruitment of the professors in my universities, he found that the salary was really appealing to him. Owing to his past experience, he successfully got an offer. He taught me Corporate Finance last semester, which I learned very well because of his comprehensive knowledge and his clear explanation. It is his past working experience and his dedication in preparing the class that contribute to the high quality of the lecture. High salaries for professors do matter as regard to the recruitment of the professors, thus leading to a higher quality of education.

Moreover, if professors are paid more, they may devote themselves more to the course rather than some places that can earn them money.Increasing salaries is useful to focus the professors mind on their teaching for they have no worry about their own living. There’s no distraction such as other places where they can make money or other opportunities which they can grasp to gain some bonus to disturb them. Wiped out the worries, the professors can simply concentrate on their own research and their own teaching, which in return gives a greater chance for students of acquiring complete knowledge.

To sum up, raising the salaries of the professors in the universities not only helps to hire more talented people into the universities, but also assures the professors, making them to focus on their teaching, both of which have a positive effect on the improvement of the quality of the education.

September 12, 2022 at 4:04 pm

Please add my WeChat and remind me of your essay’s URL.