Money for postgraduate research is limited. Some people, therefore, think that financial support from government should be only provided for scientific research rather than research for less useful subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the opinion?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Money for postgraduate research is limited. Some people, therefore, think that financial support from government should be only provided for scientific research rather than research for less useful subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the opinion?

• JiminChen
    University: Guangdong University of Petrochemical Technology
    Nationality: Chinese
    February 13, 2020 at 1:05 pm

Money for postgraduate research is limited. Some people, therefore, think that financial support from government should be only provided for scientific research rather than research for less useful subjects. To what extent do you agree or disagree with the opinion?

It is believed by someone that government should funding on scientific research only                         as opposed to others various subjects. I disagree with this statement and I believe different subjects of research can lead to variety of advantage.

There are several reasons why numerous subject type of research can brings different benefits. Firstly, It is no doubt that the main purpose of research is expend a long term market in the related industries. Majority of the research result will finally present to the public and serve the citizens, the combination of classic music and pop music might be a good example for this. Secondly, some studies like history can let us understand the country’s history, how did the ancenstors think and behave, inspiring us to relate the current life to past, thus enhance the sense of belonging.

I believe that the money from government should reallocated to researches depends on the financial contribution proportion. The reason why some people argued about the financial support for postgraduate is they though it is totally uselessness to support some kinds of subjects, like music, history. Providing funding according to the possible reward is more acceptable for the citizens and critic. For example, government can review the historic financial reports and base on such statistical data to determine the money for the postgraduate research.

In conclusion, I believe government should distribute the fundings to different kinds of research due to the numerous related benefits and the clearly allocate plan would depends on the contribution shares.

February 13, 2020 at 8:50 pm

Score: 46.9

Issues:

1. About 55% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Nearly 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: