For success in school or work, having the ability to adapt or adjust to changing conditions or circumstances is more important than having excellent knowledge of a job or a field of study.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing For success in school or work, having the ability to adapt or adjust to changing conditions or circumstances is more important than having excellent knowledge of a job or a field of study.

• jzhang7777
    University: none
    Nationality: China
    October 7, 2020 at 2:17 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? For success in school or work, having the ability to adapt or adjust to changing conditions or circumstances is more important than having excellent knowledge of a job or a field of study.

Most people living in modern society pursue the success in schools and works. However, they also wonder what kind of characteristics is important to their success. Some experts may believe that their excellent knowledge of a certain field is the basis of accomplishment. Though excellent knowledge brings advantages, having the ability to adapt or adjust to changing conditions is much more important than accumulation of knowledge.

The frequent changes in works nowadays demand the ability to adapt. In today’s society, conditions and circumstances in works change frequently with the development of world. People often need to change their works for several accidents. For example, my uncle recently changed his job from a coal worker to a computer coder. He told me that, due to the thrive of internet technology industry and the recession in traditional industry, his company turns to be an IT company. My uncle who is able to adjust himself succeeds to keep his jobs, while other workers who cannot adapt the new jobs quit. These frequent and sudden changes are not special nowadays. Therefore, facing frequent changes, people need the ability to adjust according to different conditions.

The development of new ideas and technologies in the world requires student to keep changing their thought and conditions. The modern technology is developing so fast that people are hard to accustomed to. Also, with the spread of new ideas on the Internet, knowledge can be told and learnt in a short time. Thus, for students, the idea that is recognized by most people today may be proved false tomorrow; an ordinary discovery today may be breakthrough tomorrow. According to the data of MIT stats, the number of essays in the world that have breakthrough effect on the society doubled in the past ten years. Dr. Weber said that the data shows the acceleration of development of society. If students are not able to accept these important changes academic, how can they be successful in schools.

To sum up, adapting to conditions is a very important skill either study or work.

October 13, 2020 at 4:35 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. The introduction paragraph is wordy and unclear – state your argument and provide some short reasoning
    2. Article errors
    3. Word choice errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.