Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth.

• ANDYOO
    University: Tianjin University
    Nationality: China
    February 6, 2020 at 12:56 pm

Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.

It is true that genetic engineering, with its unpredictable implications for all human societies, concerns both scientists and ordinary people. While I accept that this research may have some adverse effects, I still believe the benefits of genetic technology outweighs the drawbacks.

Some people often criticize that the study on biological genes may disturb society and damage ecosystems. One potential field of genetic projects is to modify and clone life. If the technology is able to improve a human body or to create identical creatures, governments may utilize this ability to invent an undefeated army, which consists of the same super soldiers. That would be a disaster for everyone. In another aspect, genetically modified crops could squash the living place of plants. This is because the crops draw up nutrients in a more efficient way than natural plants, and their failure to compete with man-made crops may result in extinction. Finally, the local environment will be influenced.

I agree with a more optimistic opinion that humans can mitigate the risks and conduct genetic research in a more responsible way. For a medical perspective, governments would use it to help citizens, rather than product genetic troops. For instance, doctors can correct a genetic defect before a child is born, and cultivate organs, such as livers or kidneys, to replace bad ones. For the genetic food view, governments can control a specific area to plant genetic plants. Meanwhile, scientists can invent a plant that plays the role of fertilizer to other plants, which would be mutual beneficial to humans and the environment.

In conclusion, I am convinced that energetic engineering will have a positive impact on our lives, as long as we are cautious about its downside.

PS. Hi, i am wondering if there is a structure problem in this essay

February 11, 2020 at 10:44 pm

Hi, I will not work on this essay until you complete the revision of the last essay in full.

ANDYOO
    February 22, 2020 at 4:39 am

Genetic engineering, due to its possible uses, concerns both scientists and ordinary people. While it has the potential to endanger life on earth, I still believe that it can be well applied to medicine and agriculture.

In those two fields, some opponents assert that human beings will abuse genetic technology. As for medical use, researchers may try to produce biological weapons. Because this technology enables them to obsolete useless genes but to remain targeted ones. In this case, anything that has been envisaged can came to the real world, like super soldiers. Without control, that would be a disaster for all states and citizens. As for agricultural use, the study on genetic projects can damage the environment inadvertently. Genetically modified crops are opted for an efficient way to absorb nutrients in the soil. Therefore, they will unconscious to despoil their living area, squeeze out other plants, and turn natural ecozones into semi-arid deserts.

However, I agree with a more optimistic opinion that humans can mitigate the risks and conduct genetic research in a more responsible way. From a medical perspective, humans are more likely to use it to protect citizens safety rather than to produce genetically engineered troops. For instance, doctors can correct a genetic defect before a child is born. In addition, if a person has organic failure, doctors can cultivate a robust organ, such as kidney or heart, to replace the broken one. From the genetic food point of view, governments can handle the risk of genetic plants by some methods. They can designate an isolate area for growing modified plants. Moreover, researchers may invent a genetic plant that plays the role of fertilizer to other plants, which will be mutually beneficial to humans and the environment.

In conclusion, I am convinced that once we are cautious about the possible downside of genetic engineering, it will exert a positive influence on life on earth.

Hi, I have already completed my lastest essay, and I have revised this one once by myself.

February 22, 2020 at 10:46 pm

Score: 53.9

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

ANDYOO
    February 23, 2020 at 5:16 am

Genetic engineering, due to its possible uses, concerns both scientists and ordinary people. While it has the potential to endanger life on earth, I am convinced that humans can apply this technology well to medicine and agriculture.

In those two fields, some opponents assert that human beings will abuse genetic technology. As for medical use, researchers may try to produce biological weapons. Because this technology enables them to eliminate inferior genes but to remain superior ones. Thus, anything has been envisaged once may appear in the real world, like super soldiers. That would be a disaster for all states and citizens. As for agricultural use, the study on genetic projects may damage the environment inadvertently. This is because researchers have selected out modified crops with a fast speed to absorb nutrients in the soil. If farmers plant them in natural environment, without any intervention, those crops will occupy most resources. Their unconscious behavior may turn natural ecozones into semi-arid deserts.

However, I agree with a more optimistic opinion that humans can mitigate the risks and conduct genetic research in a responsible way. From a medical perspective, governments may tend to use this technology it to protect citizen’s safety. For instance, doctors can correct a genetic defect before a child is born. Also, if a person has an organic failure, doctors can cultivate a robust organ, such as a kidney, to replace the broken one. From a genetic food perspective, governments can handle the risk of genetic plants by some methods. They can designate a separate area for growing modified plants. Moreover, researchers may invent a genetic plant that plays the role of fertilizer to other plants. That will benefit both humans and the environment.

In conclusion, I believe if we are cautious about the possible downside of genetic engineering, it will exert a positive influence on life on earth.

February 26, 2020 at 10:34 pm

Score: 52.5

Genetic engineering, due to its possible uses/applications, concerns both scientists and ordinary people. While it has the potential to endanger life on earth, I am convinced that humans can apply this technology well to medicine and agriculture.

In those two fields, some opponents assert that human beings will [absolute statement/use conditional statement  ]abuse genetic technology. As for medical use, researchers may try to produce biological weapons. Because this technology enables [absolute statement  ]them to eliminate inferior genes but to remain superior ones[ grammatical error ]. Thus, anything has been envisaged once may appear in the real world, like super soldiers[ unclear/rephrase ]. That would be a disaster for all [  article error]states and citizens. As for [ article error ]agricultural use, the study on genetic projects may damage the environment inadvertently. This is because researchers have selected out modified crops with a fast speed to absorb nutrients in the soil. If farmers plant them in[article error  ] natural environment, without any intervention, those crops will[absolute statement  ] occupy[ wrong word ] most resources. Their[unclear pronoun  ] unconscious behavior may turn natural ecozones into semi-arid deserts.

However, I agree with a more optimistic opinion that humans can mitigate the risks and conduct genetic research in a responsible way. From a[  article error] medical perspective, governments may tend to use this technology it [ grammatical error ]to protect citizen’s safety. For instance, doctors can correct a genetic defect before a child is born. Also, if a person has an organic failure, doctors can cultivate a robust organ, such as a kidney, to replace the broken one. From a[article error  ] genetic food perspective, governments can handle the risk of genetic plants by some methods. They can designate a separate area for growing modified plants. Moreover, researchers may invent a genetic[word form/genetically improved  ] plant that (plays the role of fertilizer to) [  wordy] other plants. That will benefit both humans and the environment.

In conclusion, I believe if we are cautious about the possible downside of genetic engineering, it [ unclear pronoun ]will exert a positive influence on life on earth.

ANDYOO
    February 27, 2020 at 9:50 am

Genetic engineering is an important issue in society today. Some people think that it will improve people’s lives in many ways. Others feel that it may be a threat to life on earth. Discuss both these views and give your own opinion.
    Genetic engineering, due to its possible applications, concerns both scientists and ordinary people. While it has the potential to endanger life on earth, I am convinced that humans can apply this technology well to medicine and agriculture.

In those two fields, some opponents assert that human beings can abuse genetic technology. Concerning medical applications, researchers may try to produce biological weapons. Because this technology may enable them to eliminate inferior genes but remain superior ones. Thus, anything has been envisaged once can appear in the real world, like villains in superhero movies. That would be a disaster for all nations and citizens. Concerning agricultural applications, the study on genetic projects can damage the environment inadvertently. This is because researchers have selected out modified crops with a fast speed to absorb nutrients in the soil. If farmers plant them in their fields, without any intervention, those crops may consume most resources and turn natural ecozones into semi-arid deserts.

However, I agree with a more optimistic opinion that humans can mitigate the risks and conduct genetic research in a responsible way. Considering the medical use, governments may tend to use this technology to protect citizen’s safety. For instance, doctors can correct a genetic defect before a child is born. Also, if a person has an organic failure, doctors can cultivate a robust organ, such as a kidney, to replace the broken one. Considering agricultural use, governments can handle the risk of genetic plants by some methods. They can designate a separate area for growing modified plants. Moreover, researchers may devise a genetically improved plant that can act as a fertilizer for other plants. That will benefit both humans and the environment.

In conclusion, I believe if we are cautious about the possible downside of genetic engineering, the application of this technology will exert a positive influence on life on earth.

March 4, 2020 at 5:36 pm

Score: 46.6

Issues:

1. More than 20% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 10% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

ANDYOO
    March 6, 2020 at 1:16 pm

Genetic engineering, due to its possible applications, concerns both scientists and ordinary people. In my opinion, I believe humans can mitigate the risk of this technology and apply it well to medicine and agriculture.

Some opponents assert that human beings may abuse genetic technology. In terms of medicine, researchers would attempt to produce biological weapons. Owing to the development in gene editing, humans might be able to revamp their genes. This could give a person a chance to be a super villain that devastates the world, instead of pleasing himself by watching a violent movie. That would be a disaster for all nations and citizens. In terms of agriculture, the study on genetic projects can damage the environment by accident. Due to genetic research, crops may evolve to quickly absorb nutrients. If farmers plant them in their fields, without any intervention, those crops would consume most resources. That could turn natural ecozones into semi-arid deserts.

In my view, most scientists would utilize genetic technology for helping people. Considering the medical use, governments would use it to ensure citizen’s safety. For instance, doctors can correct a genetic defect before a child is born. Also, if a person has an organic failure, doctors can replace the ruptured one if robust organs accessible to cultivate. Considering agricultural use, governments can handle the risk of genetic plants. They can designate a separate area for growing modified plants. Moreover, researchers could devise a modified plant that acts as a fertilizer for other plants. That will benefit both humans and the environment.

In conclusion, this technology could jeopardize our society, but I would argue that humans can adhere to the ethics of genetic research and apply it well.

March 9, 2020 at 10:05 pm

Score: 53.7

Final revision

Genetic engineering, due to its possible applications, concerns both scientists and ordinary people. In my opinion, I believe [ redundant ] humans can mitigate the risk of this technology and apply it [ unclear pronoun ] well [ unclear adverb ] to medicine and agriculture.

Some opponents assert that human beings may abuse genetic technology. In terms of medicine, researchers would attempt to produce biological weapons [logical incompleteness  ] . Owing to the development in gene editing, humans might be able to revamp their genes. [choppy sentence/combine with the prior sentence  ] This could give a person a chance to be [use active verb instead of a BE verb  ] a super villain that devastates [tense error  ] the world, instead of pleasing himself by watching a violent movie [unclear  ] . That [ unclear pronoun ] would be a disaster for all nations and citizens. In terms of agriculture, the study on/of genetic projects can damage the environment by accident. Due to genetic research, crops may evolve to quickly absorb nutrients. If farmers plant [ grammatical error with subjunctive voice ] them [ unclear pronoun ] in their fields, without any intervention, those crops would consume most resources. That [unclear pronoun  ] could turn natural ecozones into semi-arid deserts.

In my view, most scientists would utilize genetic technology for helping people. Considering the medical use, governments would use it [ unclear pronoun ] to ensure citizen’s safety. For instance, doctors can correct a genetic defect before a child is born. Also, if a person has an organic failure, doctors can replace the ruptured one if robust organs accessible to cultivate [grammatical error  ] . Considering agricultural use, governments can handle the risk of genetic plants. They can designate a separate area for growing modified plants. Moreover, researchers could devise a modified plant that acts as a fertilizer for other plants. That [unclear pronoun  ] will benefit both humans and the environment.

In conclusion, this technology could jeopardize our society, but I would argue that humans can adhere to the ethics of genetic research and apply it well [ repetition ] .