Grades (marks) encourage students to learn. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Grades (marks) encourage students to learn. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• jackifun
    University: Xiamen University
    Nationality: China
    October 19, 2021 at 12:32 am

Grades (marks) encourage students to learn. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

When it comes to the statement that whether grades can encourage students to learn, people are bound to hold different views on account of their distinct educational backgrounds. Opinions vary from person to person. To the extent of my thinking, I am in favor of the idea that grades can encourage students to study hard.

Admittedly, grades sometimes can not spur students to learn. For example, I have a friend called Paul getting good grades each semester; however, he does not study hard except for a period of time before final exams. He just spends several days remembering the knowledge that will be tested in the exams but does not have a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge. However, despite the particular case, I still think that grades can encourage students to learn.

In the first place, grades can stimulate students to study hard as they can apply for a scholarship with high grades. For instance, my roommate Jack, coming from a low-income family, has little money to buy new clothes. Therefore, in order to obtain the scholarship, he studies industriously from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day to get high grades. Consequently, he not only receives the reward successfully but also becomes an excellent student. In this case, grades indeed enhance one’s enthusiasm for study.

In addition, grades elevate the efficiency of taking courses. To be more specific, as the performance in class will affect the grades, students will interact with the professors actively, like answering the questions, having eye contact with the professor, etc. Therefore, students will attach great importance to the classes and learn effectively.

In summary, grades make students study hard both in class and after class. To take it into a nutshell, all the preceding discussion warrants an unshakable conclusion that grades are of benefit to encourage students to study.

October 19, 2021 at 8:59 am

When it comes to the statement that (delete) whether grades can encourage students to learn, people are bound to hold different views on account of (due to) their distinct educational backgrounds. Opinions vary from person to person. (delete, redundant) To the extent of my thinking (simplify), I am in favor of the idea that (will argue) grades can encourage students to study hard.

Admittedly, grades sometimes can not spur students to learn. For example, I have a friend called Paul getting (vern form error and pronoun missing) good grades each semester; (split into two sentences here) however, he does not study hard except for a period of time before final exams. He just spends several days remembering the knowledge that will be tested in the exams but does not have a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge. However, despite the particular case, I still think that grades can encourage students to learn.

In the first place, grades can stimulate students to study hard as they can apply for a scholarship with high grades. For instance, my roommate Jack, coming from a low-income family, has little money to buy new clothes. Therefore, in order to obtain the scholarship, he studies industriously from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day to get high grades. Consequently, he not only receives the reward successfully but also becomes an excellent student. In this case, grades indeed enhance one’s enthusiasm for study.

In addition, grades elevate the efficiency of taking courses. To be more specific, as the performance in class will affect the grades, students will interact with the professors actively, like answering the questions, having eye contact with the professor, etc. Therefore, students will attach great importance to the classes and learn effectively.

In summary, grades make students study hard both in class and after class. To take it into a nutshell, all the preceding discussion warrants an unshakable conclusion that grades are of benefit to encourage students to study.

October 19, 2021 at 2:37 pm

Partial Revision (please fix similar errors, revise whole essay, and resubmit)

jackifun
    October 20, 2021 at 8:37 am

When it comes to whether grades can encourage students to learn, people are bound to hold different views due to their distinct educational backgrounds. In my opinion, I will argue grades can encourage students to study hard.

Admittedly, grades sometimes can not spur students to learn. For example, I have a friend called Paul who gets good grades each semester. However, he does not study hard except for a period of time before final exams. He just spends several days remembering the knowledge that will be tested in the exams but does not have a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge. However, despite the particular case, I still think that grades can encourage students to learn.

jackifun
    October 20, 2021 at 9:16 am

When it comes to whether grades can encourage students to learn, people are bound to hold different views due to their distinct educational backgrounds. In my opinion, I will argue grades can encourage students to study hard.

Admittedly, grades sometimes can not spur students to learn. For example, I have a friend called Paul who gets good grades each semester. However, he does not study hard except for the last two weeks before final exams. He spends several days remembering the knowledge will tested in the exams but does not have a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge. However, despite the particular case, I still think that grades can encourage students to learn.

In the first place, grades can stimulate students to study hard to apply for a scholarship with high grades. For instance, my roommate Jack, coming from a low-income family, has little money to buy new clothes. Therefore, encouraged by the scholarship, he studies industriously from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day to get high grades. He even does not allow himself to go shopping with friends on weekends so that he will have more time to study. Consequently, he not only receives the National Scholarship successfully but also becomes the most excellent student in our major. In this case, grades indeed enhance one’s enthusiasm for study.

In addition, grades elevate students’ study efficiency in class. To be more specific, as the performance in class will be graded, students will interact with the professors actively, like answering the questions, having eye contact with the professor, etc. Therefore, students will attach great importance to the classes and learn effectively. Take myself as an example, in the marketing class, the professor often organize group discussion in class. As the performance will be graded, I always participate in the discussion positively and answer the questions actively. As a result, the professor is impressed by me and I develop a deep understanding on marketing. What’s more, I not only become interested in marketing but also get a satisfied score in the final exam. Therefore, grades can spur student to behave well in class.

In summary, grades make students study hard both in class and after class. In a nutshell, all the preceding discussion warrants an unshakable conclusion that grades are beneficial to encourage students to study.

October 20, 2021 at 12:09 pm

When it comes to whether grades can encourage students to learn, people are bound to hold different views due to their distinct educational backgrounds. In my opinion, I will argue (delete) grades can encourage students to study hard.

Admittedly, grades sometimes can not spur students to learn. For example, I have a friend called Paul (delete) who gets good grades each semester. However, he does not study hard except for the last two weeks before the final exams. He spends several days remembering the knowledge will tested in the exams (cramming) but does not have a comprehensive understanding of the knowledge. However, despite the particular case, (delete) I still think that grades can encourage students to learn.

In the first place, grades can stimulate students to study hard to (and) apply for a scholarship with high grades. For instance, my roommate Jack, coming from a low-income family, (comes from a low-income family and) has little money to buy new clothes. Therefore, encouraged by the potential of a scholarship, he studies industriously from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. every day to get high grades. He even does not allow himself to go shopping with friends on weekends so that he will have more time to study. Consequently, he not only receives (received) the National Scholarship successfully (delete) but also becomes (became) the most excellent (highest achieving) student in our major. In this case, grades indeed enhance one’s enthusiasm for study.

In addition, grades elevate students’ study efficiency in class. To be more specific, as the performance in class will be graded, students will interact with the professors actively, like answering the questions, having eye contact with the professor, etc. Therefore, students will (delete) attach great importance to the classes and learn effectively. Take myself as an example, in the marketing class, (delete) the (my marketing) professor often organize group discussions in class. As the performance will be graded, I always participate in the discussion positively and answer the questions actively. As a result, the professor is (was) impressed by me and I develop (developed) a deep understanding on (of) marketing. What’s more (Furthermore), I not only become (became) interested in marketing but also get (received) a satisfied (satisfactory) score in (on) the final exam. Therefore, grades can spur students to behave well in class.

In summary, grades make students study hard both in class and after class. In a nutshell, all the preceding discussion warrants an unshakable conclusion that grades are beneficial to encourage students to study.

October 20, 2021 at 8:51 pm

Final Revision