Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do? Interrupt and correct the mistake right away.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do? Interrupt and correct the mistake right away.

• yang
    University: Northeastern University
    Nationality: China
    August 21, 2019 at 6:20 am

TOEFL Writing Topic:

Imagine that you are in a classroom or a meeting. The teacher or the meeting leader says something incorrect In your opinion, which of the following is the best thing to do?

•Interrupt and correct the mistake right away.
    •Wait until the class or meeting is over and the people are gone, and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader.
    •Say nothing.

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

If we are having a lesson or attending a meeting and the teacher or the meeting leader says something wrong, what will we do? We interrupt and correct the mistake right away or wait until the class or meeting is over and people are all gone. And even more, we just say nothing and pretend that we do not know about the mistake. If this situation happens on me, I think I will wait until the end of class or meeting and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader. So, he or she will know about the mistake without embarrassing and correct the mistake at next class or meeting.

In a situation of teacher or leader says something wrong in a classroom or a meeting, I believe is very embarrassing to correct the mistake right away. I mean it is definitely right for us to correct the mistake, but we should find a more appropriate chance to do this. Directly point out the mistake and correct it may let the teacher and leader embarrassed and not respected.

Besides, it is also not appropriate for us not to correct the mistake, because other students or employees may take the wrong point as right and they will make mistakes. So in my point of view, we should let the teacher or meeting leader know about the mistake so that they can aware of the mistake and prevent their students or employees to make mistakes.

So, in my opinion, we should tell the teacher or the leader about the mistake after class or meeting. In that case, the teacher or the leader can aware of the mistake and correct it in next class or next meeting without embarrassing. And other students or employees also can avoid making mistakes. So I think it is a win-win if we tell the teacher or leader about the mistake after class or meeting and the people are gone.

In conclusion, the best solution to deal with correcting the mistake that teacher or leader make in the class or meeting is to let them know about the mistake after class or meeting when people are gone. So the teacher or leader can aware of the mistake without embarrassing and also they can correct their mistake in next class or meeting to avoiding their students or employees to make the same mistake.

August 22, 2019 at 8:46 pm

Score: 71

Suggestions for Improvement

• Convert passive sentences into their active counterparts;
    • Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words;
    • Shorten your essay to 320 words;
    • Significant number of repetitions.

Problems Highlight

If we are having a lesson or attending a meeting [ punctuation error ] and the teacher or the meeting leader says something wrong, what will we do? We interrupt and correct the mistake right away or wait until the class or meeting is over and people are all gone. And even more, we just say nothing and pretend that we do not know about the mistake. If this situation happens on [ preposition error ]me, I think I will wait until the end of class or meeting and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader. So, he or she will know about the mistake without embarrassing [ incorrect word/feeling embarrassed ] and correct the mistake at/during [ article error ]next class or meeting.

In a situation of [ wrong word ]teacher or leader says something wrong in a classroom or a meeting, I believe is [grammatical error  ]very embarrassing to correct the mistake right away. [Wordy]I mean it is definitely right for us to correct the mistake, but we should find a more appropriate chance to do this/so. Directly point[ grammatical error ] out the mistake and correct[ grammatical error ] it may let the teacher and/or leader embarrassed [ word form ]and not respected[ unparalleled/doing-doing/done-done ].

Besides, it is also not [ NOT ]appropriate for us not to correct the mistake, because other students or employees may take the wrong point as right [punctuation  ]and they will make mistakes. [Wordy]So in my point of view, we should let the teacher or meeting leader know about the mistake so that they [ wrong reference -singular ]can aware of[ grammatical error ] the mistake and prevent their [ wrong reference ]students or employees to [ grammatical error/from making ]make mistakes.[Wordy]

So, in my opinion, we should tell the teacher or the leader about the mistake after class or meeting. In that case, the teacher or the leader can aware of [ grammatical error ]the mistake and correct it in [  article error]next class or next meeting without embarrassing[ wrong word form ]. And [ coordinating word ]other students or employees also can avoid making mistakes. So I think it is a win-win if we tell[repetition  ] the teacher or leader about the mistake after class or meeting and/when the people are gone.

In conclusion, the best solution to deal with correcting the mistake that[ article error ] teacher or leader make [ grammatical error/makes ]in the class or meeting is to let them know about the mistake after class or meeting when people are gone[ repetition ]. [Wordy]So the teacher or leader can aware[ grammatical error/repetition ] of the mistake without embarrassing [ wrong word form ][  punctuation error]and [ wrong coordinating word ]also they can correct their mistake in next class or meeting to avoiding[  grammatical error] their students or employees to make the same mistake. [Wordy]

Comment: There are more errors than those highlighted ones. Please revise and resubmit your essay for further assessment and revision.  Regards.

[Please share this essay (copy URL) on your WeChat Moments or relevant social media if you like my revision. Thank you!]

WritersForMe TOEFL Writing [托福写作]Tips

1. Absolute Statement: Avoid using absolute statement.
    2. ARTICLE ERROR: errors concerning a, an, the. This is a prominent issue for Chinese students. Make sure to add/remove/change articles considering a specific context.
    3. BE VERBS: BE verbs are dull and vague. Use concrete verbs to replace BE verbs whenever needed. I.E. commercials are beneficial to children. – Commercials benefit children.
    4. COHERENCE: To improve the natural flow from one sentence to the other, make the subject of a sentence echo the subject, or the object, of the last sentence.
    5. COORDINATING CONJUNCTION error: In formal writing, a comma is needed when the 7 coordinating words (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so – FANBOYS) are connecting sentences/clauses.
    6. Effectiveness: use verbs instead of BE+adjectives to improve effectiveness.
    7. Grammatical Errors: grammatical mistakes.
    8. It + Be + Verb:  Wordy.
    9. Logical confusion. Although a sentence is grammatically correct, often it is logically/factually confusing. Having written a sentence, ask yourself if the sentence is logically complete, and/or factually true.
    10. NOT problem. Experienced writers often avoid using NOT in English writing. I.e. Jack was very upset because he had not passed the GRE test. – I.e. Jack was very upset because he had failed the GRE test.
    11. PASSIVE VOICE: In many cases, clarity suffers when using passive voice. In particular linguistic contexts, using passive voice is fine.
    12. Semicolon: Use a semicolon in front of an adverb/adverbial phrase.
    13. Subjunctive: Memorize the grammatical rules for subjunctive mood.
    14. There Be Sentence: Wordy
    15. Unclear Pronouns: A pronoun (it, this, that, they, them., etc) unclearly refers to the prior content. For example, the first sentence contains two singular nouns, so IT in the second sentence can refer either of them.
    16. Unparalleled Structure:  use paralleled structures, including tense.
    17. VERBOSE: The sentence/phrase can be simplified.
    18. WEAK VERBS: an alternative verb may help improve sentence effectiveness and clarity. The Internet makes us know many things. – The Internet helps us (to) know many things.

WritersForMe is sponsored by ChinaSEOchecker – 中国首款具有国际领先水平的全球精准营销软件

yang
    August 24, 2019 at 11:24 am

If we are having a lesson, or attending a meeting and the teacher or the meeting leader says something wrong, what will we do? We interrupt and correct the mistake right away or wait until the class or meeting is over and people are all gone. And even more, we just say nothing and pretend that we do not know about the mistake. If this situation happens at me, I think I will wait until the end of class or meeting and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader. So, he or she will know about the mistake without feeling embarrassed and correct the mistake during next class or meeting.

I believe it is very embarrassing to correct the mistake right away. I mean it is definitely right for us to correct the mistake, but we should find a more appropriate chance to do so. Directly pointing out the mistake and correcting it may let the teacher or leader embarrassing and being blamed.

Besides, it is also inappropriate for us not to correct the mistake, because the mistake may confuse other students or employees. Thus, in my point of view, we should let the teacher or meeting leader know about the mistake so that teacher or leader can be aware of the mistake and prevent their students or employees from making mistakes.

So, in my opinion, we should tell the teacher or the leader about the mistake after class or meeting. I think it is a win-win if we do so, because in that case, the teacher or the leader can be aware of the mistake and correct it during next class or next meeting without being embarrassed. And, other students or employees also can avoid making mistakes.

In conclusion, the best solution to deal with correcting the mistake is to let them know about the mistake after class or meeting when people are gone. Therefore, the teacher or leader can know about the mistake without being embarrassed. Also, they can correct their mistake during next class or meeting to avoid their students or employees being confused.

August 25, 2019 at 1:52 am

Score: 70.5

Suggestions for Improvement

• Shorten/split sentences exceeding 20 words.

Problems Highlight

If we are having [ grammatical error ]a lesson, or attending [grammtical error  ] a meeting [punctuation error  ]and the teacher or the meeting leader says something wrong, what will we do? We interrupt and correct the mistake right away or wait until the class or meeting is over and people are all gone. And [ coordinating word error ]even more, we just say nothing and pretend that we do not know about the mistake. If this situation happens at [ preposition error ]me, I think [ redundant ]I will wait until the end of class or meeting and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader[ very wordy ]So[ coordinating word/punctuation error ], he or she will know about the mistake without feeling embarrassed and correct the mistake during [ article error ]next class or meeting.

I believe it is very embarrassing to correct the mistake right away. I mean it is definitely right for us to correct the mistake, but we should find a more appropriate chance to do so. Directly pointing out the mistake and correcting it may let the teacher or leader embarrassing[grammatical error  ] and being [ grammatical error ]blamed.

Besides, it is also inappropriate for us not to correct the mistake, [ punctuation error ]because the mistake may confuse other students or employees. Thus, in my point of view, we should let the teacher or meeting leader know about the mistake so that teacher or leader can be aware of the mistake and prevent their students or employees from making mistakes. [ Wordy ]

So,[ wrong word ] in my opinion, we should tell the teacher or the leader about the mistake after class or meeting. I think it is a win-win if we do so, because in that case, the teacher or the leader can be aware of the mistake and correct it during next class or next meeting without being embarrassed. [ Wordy ] And, [ coordinating word error ]other students or employees also can avoid making mistakes. [too many repetitions of ‘making mistakes’]

In conclusion, the best solution to deal with correcting[  redundant] the mistake is to let them know about the mistake after class or meeting when people are gone. [ Wordy ] Therefore, the teacher or leader can know about the mistake without being embarrassed. Also, they can correct their mistake during [ article error ]next class or meeting to avoid their students or employees being confused[  grammatical error].
    * You are repeating the same sentences throughout the essay, which wastes readers’ time. 

Comment: There are more errors than those highlighted ones. Please revise and resubmit your essay for further assessment and revision.  Regards.

[Please share this essay (copy URL) on your WeChat Moments or relevant social media if you like my revision. Thank you!]

WritersForMe Writing Tips

1. Absolute Statement: Avoid using absolute statement.
    2. ARTICLE ERROR: errors concerning a, an, the. This is a prominent issue for Chinese students. Make sure to add/remove/change articles considering a specific context.
    3. BE VERBS: BE verbs are dull and vague. Use concrete verbs to replace BE verbs whenever needed. I.E. commercials are beneficial to children. – Commercials benefit children.
    4. COHERENCE: To improve the natural flow from one sentence to the other, make the subject of a sentence echo the subject, or the object, of the last sentence.
    5. COORDINATING CONJUNCTION error: In formal writing, a comma is needed when the 7 coordinating words (for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so – FANBOYS) are connecting sentences/clauses.
    6. Effectiveness: use verbs instead of BE+adjectives to improve effectiveness.
    7. Grammatical Errors: grammatical mistakes.
    8. It + Be + Verb:  Wordy.
    9. Logical confusion. Although a sentence is grammatically correct, often it is logically/factually confusing. Having written a sentence, ask yourself if the sentence is logically complete, and/or factually true.
    10. NOT problem. Experienced writers often avoid using NOT in English writing. I.e. Jack was very upset because he had not passed the GRE test. – I.e. Jack was very upset because he had failed the GRE test.
    11. PASSIVE VOICE: In many cases, clarity suffers when using passive voice. In particular linguistic contexts, using passive voice is fine.
    12. Semicolon: Use a semicolon in front of an adverb/adverbial phrase.
    13. Subjunctive: Memorize the grammatical rules for subjunctive mood.
    14. There Be Sentence: Wordy
    15. Unclear Pronouns: A pronoun (it, this, that, they, them., etc) unclearly refers to the prior content. For example, the first sentence contains two singular nouns, so IT in the second sentence can refer either of them.
    16. Unparalleled Structure:  use paralleled structures, including tense.
    17. VERBOSE: The sentence/phrase can be simplified.
    18. WEAK VERBS: an alternative verb may help improve sentence effectiveness and clarity. The Internet makes us know many things. – The Internet helps us (to) know many things.

WritersForMe is sponsored by ChinaSEOchecker – 中国首款具有国际领先水平的全球精准营销软件

yang
    August 27, 2019 at 1:58 am

If we have a lesson, or attend a meeting and the teacher or the meeting leader says something wrong, what will we do? I will wait until the end of class or meeting and then talk to the teacher or meeting leader. And, he or she will know about the mistake without feeling embarrassed and correct the mistake during the next class or meeting.

Supposing I am in a math class now, the teacher is telling us the answer of a question. However, I am sure about the answer that teacher gave is a wrong answer. I believe it is very embarrassing to correct the mistake right away. I mean it is definitely right for us to correct the mistake, but we should find a more appropriate chance to do so. Directly pointing out the mistake and correcting it may let the teacher or leader embarrassed and may interrupt the progress of the class.

Besides, it is also inappropriate for us not to correct the mistake since the mistake may confuse other students or employees. If all of us lack the courage of thinking independently, our society will never have major breakthroughs. Critical thinking is of vital important in our daily life. In other words, it is probable that we make the mistake rather than our teacher or leader. Thus, in my point of view, I will talk to my teacher or leader alone when the class or meeting is over and find out the right answer.

In conclusion, the best solution to deal with this kind of situation is to talk to them personally after class or meeting. Therefore, the teacher or leader can know about the mistake without being embarrassed. Also, they can correct their mistake during the next class or meeting. What’s more, we can discuss for a right answer and avoid repetitions on the same mistake.

September 3, 2019 at 8:52 pm

Score: 74.7

I will get back to you shortly.

Lin Qiu

September 4, 2019 at 9:15 pm

Final Revision