In order to adapt to the life in university and succeed, if you are a freshman, which method do you think is better: 1.attending a one-week orientation or introduction program when you are in the university campus and before classes begin.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing In order to adapt to the life in university and succeed, if you are a freshman, which method do you think is better: 1.attending a one-week orientation or introduction program when you are in the university campus and before classes begin.

• Grace Jiang
    University: Wuhan University
    Nationality: Wuhan University
    April 24, 2020 at 1:52 am

In order to adapt to the life in university and succeed, if you are a freshman, which method do you think is better:

1.attending a one-week orientation or introduction program when you are in the university campus and before classes begin

2.meeting regularly in your first year with students in your major field who have entered the university for several years

Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer”

Adapting to university life is a big challenge for most of freshmen. Two ways are promoted to eliminate their pressure. One is to participate in a one-week orientation program while the other is to seek help from a senior student. Many people think seeking help from the senior is better as they can get shortcuts of study and life. However, I prefer to join in a short-term program due to its effectiveness and sociability if I’m a freshman.

Firstly, joining in the orientation program is an effective way to help me in adapting to new university life. It offers abundant information. A senior student may forget something essential which the unexperienced freshman like me may not even think of. By contrast, the program inviting many teachers and students will have collected information of various aspects. For example, a psychologist may well be invited to give an analysis on the psychological changes of students who just have enrolled in the university followed by general suggestions to release anxiety. Additionally, I would appreciate if an administrator tell us what materials we need to prepare for an entrance scholarship. In short, a  quick access to full and complete information we’ve been given by the program is such a benefit.

Secondly, the program will bring happiness to me for its sociability. The chances are I can get acquainted with not only students of other majors but even teachers and professors. During the break, we freshmen can exchange ideas on how to adapt to the campus life more easily. And in the process of discussion, I may as well make a good friend who has great empathy with me. Eventually, anxiety and worries will be gone.

In summary, a one-week orientation program benefit the freshmen in both fast and effective information capture and active social communication. For the reasons above ,I will strongly support a freshman to join in a one-week orientation program.

April 26, 2020 at 1:04 am

Score: 54.3

Issues:

1. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Grace Jiang
    University: Wuhan University
    Nationality: Wuhan University
    April 27, 2020 at 11:48 pm

Adapting to university life and obtaining success is a big challenge for most freshmen. Some may choose meeting regularly in their first year with senior students of the same major for suggestions . However, I prefer to join in a one-week orientation or introduction program before classes begin due to its high-efficiency and sociability.

Firstly, joining in a one-week orientation program is very efficient. I prefer to obtain all the information I need in a very short time without delaying my study time. Thus, comparatively, spending a year meeting regularly with senior students in my major field would be my last choice. In addition, what I learn through this program would probably be far more than what I meet in the future, so I could feel more in control of the unknown situation. Two years ago, when I was a freshman, I participated in an orientation program held by my college. Ten students who have entered the university for several years shared their experience in university with us and offered many good suggestions to us. They shared plenty of learning resources. It was only 3 days long, but I had learned a lot that was applied successfully in my later life in the university.

Secondly, it’s very important to have an effective social activity at the beginning of the university life. According to my experience, there will be many outstanding students, tutors and even counselors invited to the program. They’re willing to offer more information if further communicating with them after class. I can meet fellows and tutors with whom I will deal for the following four years. Moreover, by interacting with students from different places with different characters, I can expand my social circle and become more open-minded.

All in all, I will incredibly advise a freshman to join in a one-week orientation program to adjust to the life in university and succeed.

April 28, 2020 at 2:19 am

Score: 55.6

Issues:

1. About 35% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 10% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Restrict each paragraph within 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.