In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news sources.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing In order to be well-informed, a person must get information from many different news sources.

• AJHCHN
    University: WuHan University
    Nationality: China
    July 24, 2020 at 12:48 pm

With the rapid development of media, citizens are blessed with various news sources. Someone prefer newspaper while others are in favor of TV news. While from my perspective, I recommend people to get information from various channels.

First, different media have various focuses. Getting information from a variety of sources enables people to access to news from different field. As for me, I always browse news in WeChat official account of Xinhua News Agency. However, although its content covers a wide range of field, I can get no details about the news. So I subscribe to Zhang Zhaozhong’ channel, who makes a deep insight in international events. What’s more, I also read science magazine to know about the breakthrough in science. Meanwhile, I have to check the school website every week to get informed about school policy. Obviously, it’s almost impossible to get well-rounded information in one medium.

Furthermore, reading the same event from a wide range of sources helps us testify the news. Not all reports are trust-worthy. Some media may mislead audiences for their own benefits. In order to make own judgement, one should find the fact from different media. For example, in the last US president election, most of the TV programs in USA were not support Trump. That’s may lead to an incorrect prediction if we only get information from TV news. We should compare news from several ways to identify some misleading news.

At last, also we have ascertained the importance of getting news from many sources, we can not get lost in numerous information. Nowadays a great number of reports are meaningless. Spending too much time in watching news are not worthwhile. Instead of being addicted to countless reports, we ought to focus on  several instructive and interesting channels and pay more attention to our own life.