In the future, nobody will buy printed newspapers or books because they will be able to read everything they want online without paying

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing In the future, nobody will buy printed newspapers or books because they will be able to read everything they want online without paying

• JessHu
    University: University of Limerick
    Nationality: China
    October 18, 2020 at 6:17 am

In the future, nobody will buy printed newspapers or books because they will be able to read everything they want online without paying. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement? Give reasons for your answer and include any relevant examples from your own knowledge or experience.

Internet has revolutionized our way of accessing to information. While I totally agree that reading everything online may lead to the disappearance of printed materials in the very near future, I disagree that we can have access to everything we want without paying.

Reading E-books and E-newspapers has become a popular trend and benefit not only our individual lives but also the environment. Speaking for individual first, mobile phones and pads are much more portable than printed books and newspapers. Nowadays, people can carry a whole library to some extent. Also, searching information online can save considerable time and energy. For example, in search of a suitable book may take us half of an hour while we can only spend 5 minutes to complete the process online. Moreover, printed materials have already caused great damage to the environment. With the revolution of technology, we can completely solve this issue.

However, I believe we all need to pay for what we read no matter which means we get the information. Firstly, it is clear that skilled journalists are hired to explore the news, professional writers are dependent on the income, all the experts in any fields need fees to do experiments. Thus, no matter how the means change, one thing is consistent: people need to be paid. Secondly, there are many ways to make profits, not only asking readers to pay for every articles they read. For example, membership is a common way currently to open the door for costumers who prefer to read in large numbers of books and in longer time. It is also noticeable that all the advertising inserted in the news are another way to make money.

The bottom line is that although online reading may take place of printed books and newspapers in one day, personally, I believe that we still need to pay for the information in many ways.

October 19, 2020 at 4:28 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Singular versus plural errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.