Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.

• Alex_Huku
    University: UESTC
    Nationality: Chinese
    September 27, 2020 at 1:18 pm

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? In the past, young people depended too much on their parents to make decisions for them; today young people are better able to make decisions about their own lives.

We are all told to listen to our parents in our childhood, but sooner or later there will be one day when we leave our parents and have to make decisions on our own. For the current people, this day is becoming earlier, and the influences of their parents are becoming weaker. Do young people today are better able to make decisions about their own lives than their predecessors? Yes, as I think.

People’s lives in the past were under the serious control of their parents. Did young people depend too much on their parents to make decisions for them? Yes, and the point isn’t their lack of abilities, but is that they just can’t make decisions by themselves. Decades ago, girls were taught to get ready for their marriage and be loyal to their husbands, while boys were taught to study for the exams day and night. There was no option for them to choose what they learn, what they do for a living and even who their spouses were. Why there has such a huge difference in lives of young people taken place though the last century? It owes to young people’s campaigns for their rights and freedom. Yong people crave for the right to make their own decisions, and the history has proven that they deserve it.

The world is changing so rapidly that parents may not be able to follow their offspring’s steps. My father made his first contact with computers when I wasn’t born. But it was just in my primary school when my computer skills prevailed over his. As new technologies arise continuously, elders’ skills will lose their advantages gradually, and their horizons may become narrow. Also, their ability to learn new stuffs isn’t as good as young people’s. Are they able to make decisions in a situation where they lack knowledge and experiences? Although they’ve lived longer and witnessed more than young people, their experiences are sometimes the hinders preventing them from the new world.

In conclusion, young people’s lives are no longer under parents’ control. As essential contributors to societies, they are able to make decisions by themselves, and they deserve this right.

October 1, 2020 at 4:17 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Lots of word form and article errors.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.