Is it better for colleagues to talk through emails than in person to do a project?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Is it better for colleagues to talk through emails than in person to do a project?

• camouflage
    University: Dalian university of technology
    Nationality: China
    August 31, 2020 at 5:08 pm

Is it better for colleagues to talk through emails than in person to do a project?

With the evolution of mobile phones, individuals can send emails at will enhanced by smartphones. Therefore, plentiful people decide to communicate on emails to finish jobs. However, it isn’t better for colleagues to talk through emails than in person to do a project. I feel strongly this for two reasons, which I will explore in the following essay.

To begin with, communications through emails are less efficient than talk in person. This is because writing an email need to fulfill many official email’s principle and patterns, which means people spend time focusing on things such as font, indentation, whether the content is standardized. However, having a chat in person doesn’t require to consider the above issues. discussion face to face helps people quickly gather others’ thoughts to work efficiently compared with many emails talking about tasks of jobs.

Secondly, talking in person could make a higher quality than through email. This is partly for that when people sent an email about job issues to employees, they are very likely to gain a reply immediately because of the characters of emails. However, discussing face to face could get quick feedback on what people are asking, which makes high-quality communication. Take my experience in college as an example. When I was a junior in a university, I was assigned to work together to program an information management system in a team. First of all, there were a lot of things needed to communicate, but all of the teammates also had other lectures speeding their much time, during which we talked about the project through emails. On the weekend, I discovered that most of the problems in the project were not solved, which also took us much time to settle issues face to face. This experience proved that communication in person provides an efficient discussion and help people work well.

To finish off, considering the convenience and quick feedback of communication face to face, I reckon strongly that talking face to face is really a good way to settle problems of jobs while discussing through emails is inefficient and inconvenient.

September 2, 2020 at 1:20 am

Score: 58.5

Issues:

1. About 45% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 30% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterpart.
    3. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.