Is knowledge gained through study more important than the ability to be creative

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Is knowledge gained through study more important than the ability to be creative

• YouJ
    University: Lanzhou University
    Nationality: China
    December 12, 2019 at 2:27 pm

Studying and creativity are the most vital words in industrial society, which bring prosperity to the world and promote the progress of civilization. However, when it comes to which ability is more crucial, viewpoints vary depending on different personal experiences and various educational backgrounds. Some claim that studying ability outweighs creativity, whereas others contend that creativity surpasses studying ability. However, as far as I am concerned, the statement above is more complex than we think. My perspective will be shown in the following paragraphs.

In terms of students, the ability to acquire new knowledge might be more practical. Most students spend almost all day studying, testing and training for obtaining new knowledge since they own a little knowledge of each discipline. Since these students stay in the stage of accumulating knowledge, it is key to possess the ability to study. When having the ability to gain knowledge fast, they can collect more knowledge and then are more eligible to become a creative student. Therefore, what the students should own is the ability to obtain new knowledge.

However, with respect to scientists and other individuals working in edge-cutting fields, creativity might be more significant. Owing to these scientists have already possessed almost all knowledge of their fields, what they lack is the creative ideas or inspiration to obtain breakthroughs in their fields. Unfortunately, it is rare for scientists to catch such innovative points, so to some extent creativity belongs to precious resources to them. Thus, continuous creativity occupies the most part of this field.

In a nutshell, when taking into account all situations above, we can reach the conclusion that the ability to accumulate knowledge is more of vital importance to students, but the ability to be creative might be more of vital importance to workers and high-quality scientists.

December 12, 2019 at 10:37 pm

Hi, I didn’t find this TOEFL essay topic. Can you show me where you found it? Thanks!

YouJ
    University: Lanzhou University
    Nationality: China
    December 13, 2019 at 1:32 am

I found it in a book recommended by others and later, I will send you the name of the book on Wechat.

December 19, 2019 at 5:06 pm

This essay is invalid.