Some people think that it is an important part of a child’s education to go on a field trip (for example, museums), other people think a child’s time is better spent learning in a classroom at school. Which do you prefer?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Some people think that it is an important part of a child’s education to go on a field trip (for example, museums), other people think a child’s time is better spent learning in a classroom at school. Which do you prefer?

• AFG
    University: Grade 11
    Nationality: China
    April 27, 2020 at 12:27 am

Some people think that it is an important part of a child’s education to go on a field trip (for example, museums), other people think a child’s time is better spent learning in a classroom at school. Which do you prefer?

As the development of the society, parents pay more and more attention to schooling. There are a considerable number of people arguing that it is better for children to spent most of their time learning in classroom. Nevertheless, I actually incline to the opposite side, especially when the following reasons are considered.

First of all, a filed trip can evoke children’s interest in different subjects. Nowadays, most of children spent large amount of time in study, learning knowledge from boring classes. Obviously, if children are coerced to study, it is hard for them, who always feel curious about the outside world, to become interested in the subjects they are learning. By contrast, the filed trip, like museums, uses animated and vivid way to open a new world of science for children. Once these kind of trip encourage children to know more about the knowledge of relevant disciplines, children will be intrigued with ease. As we know, the interests of a subjects would evidently improve one’s performance in classes. In other words, by listening carefully, children would achieve higher score and pave the road of future success. For example, last Friday, I brought my little brother to Beijing Science Museums in order to witness the experiment of Faraday Cage. Since then, my brother, who disliked physics before, started borrowing books related to electricity from library and achieved better score in Physics class. Therefore, for the sake of children’s future success, people, including parents and teachers, should organize the field trip for children.

Another reason is that a field trip can enhance student’s study efficiency. It is because that study and assignment have occupied students’ time for relaxing, which means that students have to compel themselves to focus on high-intensitive study for long period. According to the report, focusing on one thing for long time will lead to a decline in efficiency and productivity in both study and work. For example, a writer cannot type any elegant diction after 6 hours of writing. A cook cannot maintain the quality of food after a day of working. Similarly, after studying day by day, it is hard for students to use their mind skillfully. And a field trip can liberate students from long-term study and afford a chance for students to relax. For instance, students can discuss the topic that they interested on the road of field trip, or they can get out from classroom and have a closer contact with nature. Therefore, schools can enhance students study efficiency by virtue of field trip.

In conclusion, the field trip can contribute to the high efficiency of study and evoke students’ interests in various respect. That is why I am firmly convinced that a filed trip is necessity as part of education.

April 27, 2020 at 2:05 am

Invalid [I will not work on a translated essay.]

April 28, 2020 at 3:28 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 10% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    3. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 80 words.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: