It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

• Scarlet1
    University: 郑州大学
    Nationality: China
    February 13, 2020 at 4:53 am

It is important for children to learn the difference between right and wrong at an early age. Punishment is necessary to help them learn this distinction. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Nobody will dispute that children should distinguish between right and wrong when they are young, while there are some people who allege that it is necessary to penalise children when they make mistakes. From my point of view, I thoroughly disagree with their opinions.

First and foremost, teachers and parents may sometimes be adversely affected by their emotions or discrimination, so they may condeme children inappropriately, so children may be punished just because of a minor mistake, which will cause serious damage to their physical and mental health. I harbour this view because of my own horrible experience. when I was 13 years old. My mother was watching TV with a loud sound. So I told her to turn down the volume with impatience as the sound from the TV made it almost impossible for me to concentrate on my assignment. She was furious, and prohibited me from eating dinner. I do not believe that my inappropriate way of talking deserves such a harsh punishment.

Secondly, punishment is not the only nor the best way to educate children to behave in an acceptable way. What is worse, some children may rebel against their teachers and parents without correcting their problematic behaviors. The lesson that punishment will give to children is that acting like this way is not pleasing, yet it makes it confusing for children to develop the right way to behave. Thus, I do advocate that teaching children by setting good examples through their own conducts is a more effective way to teach children. As children are adept at imitating behaviors from their parents and teachers.

In summary, I firmly hold the conviction that examples are better than punishment in terms of educating children to discern the right from wrong.

February 13, 2020 at 10:55 pm

Score: 63.4

Issues:

1. More than 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Scarlet1
    University: 郑州大学
    Nationality: China
    February 17, 2020 at 10:09 am

It is significant for children to learn what is right and wrong, while there are some people who think that punishment can be an effective way to teach that. From my point of view, I can barely take their side.

First and foremost, children may be punished severely just because of a minor mistake, which will cause serious damage to their physical and mental health. Because teachers and parents may sometimes be adversely affected by their emotions or discrimination. For instance, my mother prohibited me from eating dinner and scolded me for one hour just because I failed to come back home on time. I think the punishment is totally unfair to me. Some families will penalize girls for minor mistakes due to gender discrimination. Moreover, some children may suffer from mental illness if they are punished too harshly. They may consider themselves losers because they can not meet the standards of their family.

Secondly, punishment is not the only nor the best way to educate children to behave in an acceptable way. What is worse, some children may rebel against their teachers and parents. Therefore, they are not willing to correct their problematic behaviors. Punishment will tell children that acting like this way is not pleasing, yet it confuses children to develop the right way to behave. So, from my perspective, since children are adept at imitating behaviors from their parents and teachers, teaching by setting good examples to children is a more effective way.
    In summary, I hold the conviction that examples are better than punishment in terms of educating children to discern the right from wrong.

February 18, 2020 at 8:57 pm

Score: 66.5

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.