It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours.

• Ada
    University: Tsinghua University
    Nationality: China
    December 27, 2019 at 11:25 pm

TPO20: It is more enjoyable to have a job where you work only three days a week for long hours than to have a job where you work five days a week for shorter hours.

Now it seems widely accepted that people should work five days, from Monday to Friday. However, some people argue that we should work for three days but for longer hours per day. In my opinion, I think it depends on the work type.

In our society, there are all kinds of work type. Some need people to generate innovative inspirations, like designer, painter, and some other white collars. While some work need people to use their body and strength, like cooker, cleaner, and some other blue collars. In my opinion, for those work which requires people to have inspiration, it is more enjoyable to work five days for shorter hours. In that case, they can have time to relax and have a rest, using the rest of the day to get prepared for tomorrow’s work. If you asked them to stick to their work for ten or twelve hours a day, they will not only be dried of inspiration, but also exhausted.

While on the other hand, I think it might be more enjoyable for those who doesn’t rely on intellectual work to work three days for more hours per day. Since their work doesn’t contain much intellectual part, they have no need to worry about the dry of inspiration. Their work is of high repeatability, which enables them to keep doing it for longer hours. And after finishing work in three days, they can use their spare time to rest and have fun.

However, we should also be alerted that, this is only a rough mapping between classification of work type and their working schedule. Admittedly, there will also be problems. For example, white collars may suffer from the lack of consistency of work. Also, for blue collars, the harm of doing a work which requires high strength for too long time may be irreversible.

In conclusion, it is hard to judge which way of working is more enjoyable. The most enjoyable way of working depends on several elements, and we should take working type into consideration.

January 3, 2020 at 4:45 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. More than 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Reduce the percentage to 15% or less.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

January 14, 2020 at 2:26 am

Please submit your revised essay. Thanks!