It is more important for government to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use Specific Reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important for government to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use Specific Reasons and examples to support your answer.

• yhe331
    University: Dalian University of Technology
    Nationality: China
    July 2, 2020 at 10:33 pm

It is more important for government to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use Specific Reasons and examples to support your answer.

I think governments should invest more money on Internet access than public transportation; the Internet will be more influential because it changes our lifestyles.

We doubt the latter’s effectiveness now though it brought a prosperous society. In contemporary people get used to driving or riding the existed buses and trains. The demands of public and private transportation have reached equilibrium and will remain stationary for an extended period. Also, public transportation has its drawbacks. The development of public transportation promotes the interaction between people but can not impede the epidemic transmission. During the COVID-19 pandemic, a city like New York that strongly relies on public transportation systems failed to quickly control the transmission. So it is time to reconsider our public transportation: should we spend more money on it?

In my view, the solution is the Internet. So far, the Internet has reshaped some people’s lifestyles. Online services save our time to reach a certain place serval miles away, which is the spatial efficiency of the Internet. We do not have to shop, to take classes and to meet people in special places. The Internet also benefits us more through its high speed, namely, its time efficiency. On Amazon, I usually filter the goods more rapidly; the results fit me well. On housing portals, I can match an ideal residence in a short time. The network resembles a transportation system that improves our communication abilities but with a limited public relationship. It is novel infrastructure worth investment compared with the outdated public transportation.

Unlike public transportation, Internet is still immature but has potential. The Internet can change more aspects like our payment method, gaming, manufacturing, etc. One should stay conservative to confront technological revolutions in different careers. However, we can only understand the advantages and shortcomings after implementing the network technologies that require a considerable expense. A governor is supposed to consider the prospects of an industry when making a decision.

July 3, 2020 at 9:27 pm

Score: 51.5

I think[ /argue that ] governments should invest more money on Internet access [ improvement ] than public transportation; [. My argument rests on the fact that  ] the Internet will be more [ is ] influential[/critical  ] because it changes our lifestyles[mention a more relevant reason  ] .

We doubt the latter[specify  ] ’s effectiveness now though it[unclear pronoun  ] brought a prosperous society[ unclear ] . In contemporary people get used to driving or riding the existed buses and trains.[ unclear ] [lack transitory word  ] The demands of public and private transportation have reached [ article error ] equilibrium and will remain stationary[wrong word  ] for an extended period. Also, public transportation has its drawbacks. The development of public transportation promotes the[article error  ] interaction between people but [ unparalleled structure ] can not[  spelling error] impede the[article error  ] epidemic transmission. During the COVID-19 pandemic, [ for instance, ] a city like New York that strongly relies on public transportation systems failed[ /fail ] to quickly control the transmission[repetition  ] . So[punctuation error concerning the use of coordination word  ] it is time to reconsider our public transportation: should we spend more money on it?

In my view, (the solution is the Internet)[unclear  ] . So far, the Internet has reshaped some people’s lifestyles. Online services save our time to reach a certain place serval miles away, (which is the spatial efficiency of the Internet)[ unclear ] . [missing transitory word  ] We do not have to shop, to take classes[word form error  ] and to meet people (in special places)[unclear  ] . The Internet also benefits us more through its high speed, namely, its (time efficiency)[ unclear ] . On Amazon, I usually filter the goods more [lack a comparison  ] rapidly; the results fit me well. On housing portals, I can match an ideal residence in a short time. The network resembles a (transportation system that improves our communication abilities)[ unclar ] but with a limited public relationship[unlcear  ] . It is [article error  ] novel infrastructure worth investment (compared with the outdated public transportation)[ misplaced ] .

Unlike public transportation, [article error  ] Internet is still immature but has [  unparalleled] potential. The Internet can change more [ lack comparison ] [expanded societal  ] aspects like our payment method, gaming, manufacturing, etc. One should stay conservative to confront technological revolutions (in different careers)[unclear  ] . However, we can only understand the advantages and shortcomings [logical incompleteness  ] after implementing the[ article error/unclear ] network technologies that require a considerable expense. A governor[wrong word  ] is supposed to consider the prospects of an industry when making a decision.[ irrelevant ]