It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• RoyL
    University: FDU
    Nationality: Chinese
    June 28, 2022 at 1:54 pm

It is more important for governments to spend money to improve Internet access than to improve public transportation. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

No one can deny that Internet is a flooding trend in modern society. But when it comes to the transportation system that serves everyone, can you remember the latest developed bus route? I bet not. If I were asked, I would definitely give a priority to the improvement of public transportation.

To begin with, a better public transportation system provide more convenience than a better Internet access. While Internet keeps drawing students from their studies and adults from their works, public transportation are giving some actual benefits. I have to admit that my opinion on this matter has been profoundly influenced by my own personal experience. My grandma is an old lady who walks with stiff steps. Last month, outside the hospital she felt that there was not enough energy for her to walk to the nearest underground station. Although our city is available for online taxi service nearly everywhere, not even one car owner replied the poor old lady’s request. As a result, my grandma had to walk 3 kilometers just in order to get on the underground, which made her afraid of going outside alone. For this reason, I reckon that a better public transportation system can give a hand to the variety of people with difficulties in commuting.

Secondly, a vast public transportation network saves a lot of energy and resources while Internet services are consuming them at a staggering rate. When 10 people with a common destination get on a same vehicle, they only consume one tenth of the energy needed when they travel one by one. A study of Gottingen University points out that a 30 percent density in the diameter in the public transportation system will lead to a 15% save on energy. Furthermore, less energy consumed means less contamination. So investing in public transportation also help protect the environment, while a better Internet access does oppositely. It is clear to see why the priority should be given to the former.

June 30, 2022 at 3:14 am

Please fix the errors suggested in the screenshot reviews.

Tagged: