It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

• justinP
    University: SYSU
    Nationality: China
    April 11, 2020 at 1:19 am

It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts.

When I was in junior high school, my teacher has told me that we should learn basic subjects such as chemistry and physics. Nowadays, however, our focus changed into application areas such as the Internet. Moreover, higher income of the new industry promoted the financial flow from basic research to new technologies. Since various kinds of technology are based on basic science concepts, I consider the concepts and facts are both essential. We could not develop applications without the support of theories.

We must acknowledge that traditional subjects, which provide basic ideas, develop slower than before. However, it is not suitable to assert that they are less valuable. We are living in a world surrounded by the utilization of theories. For instance, only if we figure out how gravity works can we play ball games better. Moreover, gravity theory is also vital to spaceship, rocket, etc. Take the food that we eat every as another example. We will be healthier if we follow the scientific diet which bases on chemistry theories.

Then, we should study how to make use of theories, which is equally important. The development of the Internet intrigue numerous novel industries. We can use mobile phone to make our lives more convenient. If we could not make full use of basic theories, we can not improve our living condition and even the society. For example, some of the researchers spend much time in some impractical field. Most of the science journals have a trend that the theory development went so far away from practical application. It is not a good message because we need practical technologies.

After all, we must admit that science is significant for human beings. We have splendid history and our development of science plays a key role. How to utilize a specific theory is also a course. Consequently, I consider both basic concepts and practical utilization are both essential.

April 19, 2020 at 2:40 am

Invalid [ I will not work on this essay until you complete the revision of another essay.]