It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• cw70523
    University: USTB
    Nationality: China
    September 26, 2020 at 10:03 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? It is more important for students to understand ideas and concepts than it is for them to learn facts. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays due to the fierce competiton in the morden society,people gradually attach great importance to understanding ideas and concepts which will help them succeed in the exam.Some people claim that learning ideas and concepts is more important than learning facts.However,it is a common misunderstanding.Learning facts is a basic step for us to learn the truth,which will help us understand things totally.

To begin with,learning facts can help us broaden our horizon and know about  the thing more totally.When we learning something new,after understand the concepts of it,we should put it into facts and think it in different ways,which will broaden our horizon and make us think out of the box to create new ideas.For example,when I was in high school,my biology teacher Mr.Wang told us that bats were blind they use sound to locate things around them when flying.After class,I went to the library to research for some information of bats and found in fact researchers had found that some species of bats had low version which was too weak to depend.So I knew that the conceptions in the book referred to most of the bats,but in fact there were some special examples.Learning facts help me know more about bats and I have learned to understand bats totally.

In addition,learning facts can help us know about things in a practical condition and near to the truth.Many concepts and ideas are true only in ideal conditions.If we put them into practice,we will find they are quite different.For example in physics,a ball will keep going without stopping if we just give it a power.However,in fact,it will not happen.Since the ball in physics is under an ideal condition without any obstacles,in fact there is frictions anywhere in our world.So if we take the friction into account, we will learn totally about the concepts and put it into practice which means we understand the truth and know how to use it.

October 1, 2020 at 7:06 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 100% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 70% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.