It is more important to keep your old friends than to make new friends.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing It is more important to keep your old friends than to make new friends.

• onahole
    University: High School
    Nationality: China
    March 2, 2020 at 10:01 am

It is more important to keep your old friends than to make new friends.

Friends, new or old ones, you will encounter them from day to day in life. You share anecdotes with one another, and help each other when facing difficulties. However, one may wonder if keeping old friends is more important than making new ones? In my opinion, I believe making new friends is just as important as keeping your old friends.

To begin with, it is possible for you to find someone who has a completely different interest to you when making new friends. For example, I had used to only make friends who share the same hobby with me. However, my old friend-making pattern restricted me from gaining a wider horizon. After communicating with someone who share an entirely different interest, model crafting, with me. I came to a realization that I am actually stepping out of my comfort zone by doing so. I am not familiar with the topic that he was talking about, so I spent a lot more time listening closely and carefully to what he’s trying to inform me. Eventually, I found that building models is truly an amazing way to express oneselves artistically, and somehow I also started to enjoy building model kits.

Keeping old friends, however, allows you to stay in touch with those you love and care about. Your old friends are your strong backups, especially when you are going through a dilemma, no matter it’s academically or life-concerned, you can always ask your old friends for advice or support. For example, I remember there was one time that I broke up with my boyfriend, and I felt very depressed and unmotivated. However, after going through some talks and exchange of thoughts with my old friends, I eventually dropped my heavy emotion, and become positive and lively again.

In a nutshell, after looking at these two examples above, which are finding new interest by making new friends, and solving difficulties by stay in touch with your old friends, one can easily come to the conclusion that keeping old friends is just as vital as making new ones.

March 6, 2020 at 10:00 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40 of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: