Letter of Recommendation Management

• lr731
    University: Nankai University
    Nationality: Chinese
    October 28, 2019 at 6:34 am

Dear Admissions Committee,

I warmly recommend Ms. Rui Liu, who was my student in my courses “English Writing” and “Principles of Marketing”, to the graduate program in your prestigious university. I came to know Ms. Rui Liu since her sophomore year, and have taught and guided her for almost 2 years. I have close contact with Ms. Rui Liu in and out of class, and I am confident in stating that she is one of the best students I have known throughout my thirty years of teaching.

In my course “Principles of Marketing”, Ms. Rui Liu demonstrated a profound understanding of business knowledge and principles. After class, she read a large number of relevant papers and articles to better understand the marketing-related information. What impressed me most was her final paper <i>The Price War Among Chinese E-Commerce Retailers</i> which combined the theoretical model of marketing with the problems in the Chinese business community. It also has rich content, clear logic and structure, and a very broad range of knowledge. I gave her a score of 98 because of her very strong reading ability, understanding in business and academic paper writing ability.

Besides, Ms. Rui Liu showed her leadership and creative thinking ability in group cooperation. In class presentations, her group could always offer impressive and immediate marketing plans, such as the “Hometown Specialty Marketing Plan”. Ms. Rui Liu led 5 group members to make a very detailed investigation and research on the target market and target population to help her group innovate and repackage the products. Their plans had not only retained the selling points of the original products but also attracted enough attention in the new market.

Therefore, I give Ms. Rui Liu my highest recommendation, and would appreciate your favourable consideration of her application. If you would like to discuss her attributes in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

October 28, 2019 at 9:31 pm

Score: 61.7

Issue:

1. Most sentences lack transitory words. 

Dear Admissions Committee,

I warmly recommend Ms. Rui Liu, who was my student in my courses “English Writing” and “Principles of Marketing”, to the graduate program in your prestigious university. [ Unclear ] I came to know Ms. Rui Liu since her sophomore year [  grammatical error ], and have taught and guided her for almost 2 years. [ grammatical error ] I have close contact with Ms. Rui Liu in and out of class, and I am confident in stating that she is one of the best students I have known throughout my thirty years of teaching. [  inappropriate writing]

In my course “Principles of Marketing”, Ms. Rui Liu demonstrated a profound understanding of business knowledge and principles. After class, she read a large number of relevant papers and articles to better understand the marketing-related information. What impressed me most was her final paper <i>The Price War Among Chinese E-Commerce Retailers</i> which combined the theoretical model of marketing with the problems in the Chinese business community [ grammatical error ]. It also has rich content, clear logic and structure, and a very broad range of knowledge. [unclear  ]I gave her a score of 98 because of her very strong reading ability, understanding in business and academic paper writing ability.

Besides, Ms. Rui Liu showed her leadership and creative thinking ability in group cooperation. In class presentations, her group could always offer impressive and immediate marketing plans, such as the “Hometown Specialty Marketing Plan”. Ms. Rui Liu led 5 group members to make a very detailed investigation and research on the target market and target population to help her group innovate and repackage the products. Their plans had not only retained the selling points of the original products but also attracted enough attention in the new market.

Therefore, I give Ms. Rui Liu my highest recommendation, and would appreciate your favourable consideration of her application. If you would like to discuss her attributes in more detail, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Yours sincerely,

[This LOR fails to present strong, specific content in relation to the applicant’s capabilities/potential for her chosen graduate studies. ]