Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• justinP
    University: SYSU
    Nationality: China
    April 10, 2020 at 2:19 am

Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

All things being equal, young people would like to live in the past. I can imagine that living within such stressful modern society is not preferred. Nonetheless, we must admit that living condition have improved enormously. Young people would not be more comfortable if they live in the past on account of lack of the Internet. Consequently, in my own opinion, it is certainly that life today is easier.

Economic condition limited the selectivity of your lifestyle in the past. Although the lower living pressure is an advantage, technique was not developed, and the income was low. Moreover, at least we have various choice of jobs with considerable treatment at present. In the past, we would have to struggle for hunger, which is another type of pressure. For instance, my parents tell me that they did not live well when they were young. All the methods they earned their living were to do agricultural work, which is exhausting. Also, they were often starved because of the bad weather, which led to the lack of food.

Some young people are eager to live in the past because they are curious. They can only imagine the previous lifestyle through photographs or so. I consider curiosity the most significant reason for them to be willing to live in the past. Only if they experienced how hard it is do they give up this idea. Young generation lives in a comfortable globalized world. Hence, they can not consider the condition of previous decades.

As a young student, I can truly feel why they will come up with the supposition. The amount of population skyrocketed, yet most of them need to compete with others. We are all stressful, and we want to escape. Nevertheless, in comparison, with the development of science and industry, we can assert that we live more comfortable nowadays.

April 10, 2020 at 2:30 am

Score: 71.5

Issues:

1. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

justinP
    April 11, 2020 at 1:14 am

All things being equal, young people would like to live in the past. I can imagine that living within such a stressful modern society is not preferred. Nonetheless, we must admit that living condition has improved. Young people would not be more comfortable if they live in the past on account of the lack of the Internet. Hence, in my own opinion, it is certainly that life today is easier.

The economic position limited the selectivity of your lifestyle in the past. Although we would take advantage of the lower living pressure, the development of techniques was insufficient. Moreover, at least we have various choices of jobs with considerable treatment at present. In the past, we would have to struggle for hunger, which is another type of pressure. For instance, my parents tell me that they did not live well when they were young. All the methods they earned their living were to do agricultural work, which is exhausting. Also, they were often starved because of the bad weather, which led to the scarce food storage.

Some young people are eager to live in the past because they are curious. They can only imagine the previous lifestyle through photographs or so. I consider curiosity the most significant reason for them to be willing to live in the past. Only if they experienced how hard it is would they give up this idea. Young generation lives in a comfortable globalized world. Hence, they can not consider the condition of previous decades.

As a young student, I can sincerely feel why they will come up with the supposition. The amount of population skyrocketed, yet most of them need to compete with others. We are all exhausted, and we want to escape. Nevertheless, in comparison, with the development of science and industry, we can assert that we live more comfortable nowadays.

April 19, 2020 at 2:25 am

Score: 71.6

All things being equal, young people would like to live in the past[ Absolute statement ]. I can imagine that living within such a stressful modern society is not preferred. Nonetheless, we must admit that living condition has improved. Young people would not be more comfortable if they live[  grammatical error concerning subjunctive voice] in the past on account of the lack of the Internet. Hence, in my own opinion, it is certainly [ word form error ]that life today is easier.

The economic position limited the selectivity of your lifestyle in the past. Although we would take advantage of the lower living pressure, the development of techniques was insufficient. Moreover, at least we have various job choices of jobs with considerable treatment[ unclear ] at present. In the past, we would have to struggle for hunger, which is another type of pressure. For instance, my parents tell me that they did not live well when they were young. All the methods they earned their living were to do agricultural work, which is exhausting. Also, they were often starved because of the bad weather, which led to the[  article error] scarce food storage.

Some young people are eager to live in the past because they are curious. They can only imagine the previous lifestyle through photographs or so. I consider curiosity the most significant reason for them to be willing to live in the past. Only if they experienced how hard it[ unclear pronoun ] is [  tense error]would they give up this idea. [ article error ]Young generation lives in a comfortable globalized world. Hence, they can not[cannot  ] consider the condition of previous decades.

As a young student, I can sincerely feel why they[unclear pronoun  ] will come up with the supposition. The amount of population skyrocketed, yet most of them[unclear pronoun  ] need to compete with others. We are all exhausted, and we want to escape. Nevertheless, in comparison, with the development of science and industry, we[ wrong comparison ] can assert that we live more comfortable[ word form error ] nowadays.

justinP
    April 21, 2020 at 3:48 pm

All things being equal, young people may like to live in the past. I can imagine that living within such a stressful modern society is not preferred. Nonetheless, we must admit that living condition has improved. Young people would not be more comfortable if they lived in the past on account of the lack of the Internet. Hence, in my own opinion, it is certain that life today is easier.

The economic position limited the selectivity of your lifestyle in the past. Although we would take advantage of the lower living pressure, the development of techniques was insufficient. Moreover, at least we have various job choices with considerable income and at present. In the past, we would have to struggle for hunger, which is another type of pressure. For instance, my parents tell me that they did not live well when they were young. All the methods they earned their living were to do agricultural work, which is exhausting. Also, they were often starved because of the bad weather, which led to scarce food storage.

Some young people are eager to live in the past because they are curious. They can only imagine the previous lifestyle through photographs or so. I consider curiosity the most significant reason for them to be willing to live in the past. Only if they experienced how hard living in the past was would they give up this idea. The young generation lives in a comfortable globalized world. Hence, they cannot consider the condition of previous decades.

As a young student, I can sincerely feel why other students will come up with the supposition. The amount of population skyrocketed, yet most of them need to compete with others. We are all exhausted, and we want to escape. Nevertheless, with the development of science and industry, we can assert that we live more comfortably nowadays.

April 23, 2020 at 8:52 pm

Score: 71.7

Final Revision

All things being equal, young people may like to live in the past. I can imagine that living within such a stressful modern society is not preferred. Nonetheless, we must admit that living conditions for most people have has improved. Young people would not be more comfortable if they lived in the past on account of the lack of the Internet. Hence, in my own opinion, it is certain that life today is easier.

The economic position/status limited the selectivity of your lifestyle in the past. Although we would take advantage of the lower living pressure, the development of techniques was insufficient technological advancement remained slow.  Moreover, at least we have various/expanded job choices with considerable income and at present. In the past, however, we would have to struggle for hunger, which is another type of pressure. For instance, my parents often tell me that they did not live well when they were young. All the methods by which they earned their living were to do related to agricultural work, which is exhausting. Also, they were often starved due to scarce food storage because of the bad weather, which led to scarce food storage.

[Don’t shift person (you, we, they) unless needed   ]

Admittedly, some young people are eager to live in the past because they are curious. They can only imagine the previous lifestyle through photographs or so. In other words, I consider curiosity is the most significant top reason for them to be behind their willingness to live in the past. Only if they experienced how hard living in the past was, would they give up this immature idea. Since we live The young generation lives in a comfortable, globalized age, world. Hence, they cannot consider the we often mistakenly assume the living conditions of/in the previous decades to be better.

As a young/university student, I can sincerely feel why other students will often come up with the an unfounded supposition. The amount of population skyrocketed, yet so most of them us need to compete with others in both academic and professional lives. We are all so exhausted, and that we want to escape into an imaginable haven. Nevertheless, with the development of science and industry, we can assert that we live more comfortably nowadays. As such, the comfort that we possess during our age often goes undiscovered and unrelished.