Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.

• misaka18456
    University: Hebei University of Technology
    Nationality: China
    August 13, 2020 at 3:14 am

Life today is easier and more comfortable than it was when your grandparents were children.

When people attempt to judge their living standards, they are likely to compare their lives with those of their grandparents when they were young. Most of the people hold that their lives are easier and more comfortable than those of their grandparents thanks to the development of technology. As far as I am concerned, I couldn’t agree with this point of view more for several reasons.

First of all, a wide variety and quantity of foodstuffs are available for people nowadays since modern agriculture has brought about the increase of grain production. In this way, people can feed live stocks with excessive grain for more nutritious food, such as meat, milk and eggs. With the advanced agricultural technology, varieties of fruits and vegetables can even grow in greenhouses during the winter, so people could have access to a great number of vegetables with a much lower price. With wide variety and quantity of food, people nowadays prefer healthy diet and good quality food, while people suffered from starvation when my grandparents were children.

Furthermore, people live in better accommodations than they were in the past. Most of the houses and apartments today have installed air conditioners and heating, which provided comfortable and livable environments for people. In contrast, these devices are too expensive for majority living in the past, so they surely lived uncomfortably during extreme weather.

What’s more, nowadays people have access to the World Wide Web and thus enrich their lives drastically. Varieties of applications are available for people to satisfy their needs. People can shop online, communicate with friends with Twitter, and recreate themselves with the latest games. However, people decades ago had limited entertainment methods and they can only communicate with their friends far who lived away from them by telephones and telegrams.

All in all, we can draw the conclusion that people nowadays have easier and more comfortable lives than those of my grandparents since the increasing productivity. In this sense, we should treasure the comfortable lives today and work hard for the future.

August 13, 2020 at 7:32 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. Preposition errors
    3. Article errors
    4. Make the argument clear in your introduction, why do you agree/disagree?
    5. Word choice errors

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

misaka18456
    August 14, 2020 at 3:33 am

Thanks teacher

When people attempt to judge their living standards, they are likely to compare their lives with those who lives decades ago. Most people hold that their lives are more manageable and comfortable than those of the previous generation. They attribute the improvement to the development of technology. However, I couldn’t agree with this point of view more. I firmly believe that the improvement of productivity benefits people’s lives from various angles.

First of all, a wide variety and quantity of foodstuffs are available for people nowadays. Modern agriculture has brought about an increase in grain production. People can feed live stocks with excessive grain for more nutritious food, such as meat, milk or eggs. With the advanced agricultural technology, varieties of fruits and vegetables can grow in greenhouses during the winter. People could have access to quantities of greens with lower cost. With varieties of food, people nowadays prefer healthy diets and good quality food, while residents suffered from starvation decades ago.

Furthermore, people live in better accommodations than they were in the past. Most houses and apartments today have installed air conditioners and heating. These facilities could provide comfortable and livable environments for people. In contrast, these devices are too expensive for the majority living in the past. They surely had a difficult time during extreme weather.

What’s more, the World Wide Web has enriched people’s lives drastically in the past decade. Varieties of applications are available for people to meet their needs. People can shop online, communicate with friends on Twitter, and recreate themselves with the latest games. All the softwares were never as handy as they are at present. They would ease people’s lives and provide users with more pleasure.

All in all, we can draw the conclusion that people nowadays have more comfortable lives than those of their grandparents. In this sense, we should treasure the cozy lives today and work hard for the future.

August 15, 2020 at 11:33 am

When people attempt to judge their living standards, they are likely to compare their lives with those who lives [grammatical error  ]decades ago. (Most people hold that) [factual inconsistency – change to conditional writing  ] their lives are more manageable and comfortable than those of the previous generation. They attribute the improvement to (the development of technology) [wordy – rephrase to use fewer words  ]. However, I couldn’t agree with this point of view more. I firmly believe that the [article error  ] improvement of productivity benefits people’s lives (from various angles) [unclear  ].

First of all, a (wide variety and quantity of foodstuffs) [ unclear ] are available for people nowadays. Modern agriculture has brought about an increase in grain production. [ lack transition ]People can feed live stocks [spelling error  ] with excessive grain for more nutritious food, such as [ nutritional ] meat, milk or eggs. With the [ Supported by ] advanced agricultural technology, varieties of fruits and vegetables can grow in greenhouses during the winter. [lack transitory word  ]People could have access to [ harvest ]quantities of greens with [wrong preposition  ]lower cost. With varieties of food, people nowadays prefer [ eat ] healthy diets and good quality food, while residents suffered from starvation decades ago.

Furthermore, people live (in better accommodations) [ unclear ] than they were in the past. Most houses and apartments today have installed air conditioners and heating [and cooling systems  ]. These facilities could provide comfortable and livable environments for people. In contrast, these devices are too expensive for the majority living in the past. They surely had a difficult time during extreme weather [ , so they had to tolerate severe winter cold ].

What’s more, the World Wide Web [ internet ] has enriched people’s lives drastically in the past decade. Varieties of applications are available for people to meet their needs. People can shop online, communicate with friends on Twitter, and (recreate themselves) [ ? ] with the latest games [of shopping, chatting, or playing games  ]. All the (softwares were) [ grammatical error ] never as handy as they are at present. They [ combine this sentence with the last one ]would ease people’s lives and provide users with more pleasure.

All in all, we can draw the conclusion [In light of my arguments noted above, I reckon  ]that people nowadays have more comfortable lives than those of their grandparents [had/did  ]. In this sense, we should treasure the cozy lives today and work hard for the future.

misaka18456
    August 16, 2020 at 1:32 am

When people attempt to judge their living standards, they are likely to compare their lives with those who live decades ago. People generally hold that their lives are more manageable and comfortable than those of the previous generation. They attribute the improvement to technology advance. However, I couldn’t agree with this point of view more. I firmly believe that productivity growth benefits people significantly.

First, varieties of foodstuffs are available for people nowadays. Modern agriculture has brought about an increase in grain production. Therefore, people can feed livestocks with excessive grain for more nutritional meat, milk or eggs. Supported by the advanced agricultural technology, varieties of fruits and vegetables can grow in greenhouses during the winter. Thus, people could harvest quantities of greens by lower cost. With varieties of food, people nowadays eat healthy food, while residents suffered from starvation decades ago.

Furthermore, people live in cozier accommodations than they were in the past. Most houses and apartments today have installed heating and cooling systems. These facilities could provide comfortable and livable environments for people. In contrast, these devices are too expensive for the majority living in the past, so they had to tolerate severe winter cold.

What’s more, the Internet has enriched people’s lives drastically in the past decade. Varieties of applications are available for people to meet their needs of shopping, chatting, or playing games. Besides, internet connects people around the world and offers them a tremendous amount of information. People share what they know and read what others know freely online to have a better picture of the world. Thus, people are willing to explore the Internet and obtain information to enrich their lives.

In light of my arguments noted above, I reckon that people nowadays have more comfortable lives than their grandparents had. In this sense, we should treasure the cozy lives today and work hard for the future.

August 18, 2020 at 11:23 am

Score: 57.8

When people attempt to judge their living standards, they are likely to compare their lives with those who lived decades ago. People generally hold that their lives are more manageable and comfortable than those of the previous generation. They attribute the improvement to technology advance. However, I couldn’t agree with this point of view more (reword sentence). I firmly believe that productivity growth benefits people significantly. (introduction is wordy – remove unnecessary and redundant words and sentences)

First, varieties of foodstuffs are a variety of food is available for to people nowadays. Modern agriculture has brought about an increase in grain production. Therefore, people can feed livestocks with excessive grain for more nutritional meat, milk or eggs. Supported by the advanced agricultural technology, varieties of fruits and vegetables can grow in greenhouses during the winter. Thus, people could can harvest quantities of greens by at a lower cost. With varieties of a more diverse variety of food, people nowadays eat healthier healthy food, while residents suffered from starvation decades ago.

Furthermore, people live in cozier accommodations than they were in the past. Most houses and apartments today have installed heating and cooling systems. These facilities could provide comfortable and livable environments for people. In contrast, these devices were are too expensive for the majority living in the past, so they had to tolerate severe temperatures winter cold.

What’s more Furthermore, the Internet has enriched people’s lives drastically in the past decade. Varieties of applications are available for people to meet their needs of for shopping, chatting, or playing games. Besides, the internet connects people around the world and offers them a tremendous amount of information. People share what they know and read what others know freely online to have a better picture of the world. Thus, people are willing to explore the Internet and obtain information to enrich their lives.

In light of my arguments noted above, I reckon that people nowadays have more comfortable lives than their grandparents had. In this sense, we should treasure the our cozy lives today and work hard for the future.

Tagged: