Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it’s not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it’s not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

• Sherry.Z
    University: Zhejiang Sci-tech University
    Nationality: China
    April 21, 2020 at 6:42 pm

Every year several languages die out. Some people think that it’s not important because life will be easier if there are fewer languages in the world. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this opinion?

A number of languages become extinct each over a period of time.Some people argue that it is pointless to worry about this process because the fewer languages there remain the easier our life will be.I completely disagree with this point of view.

There are several reasons why I believe the decrease of language variety won’t give us an simpler life.Firstly,endangered languages won’t virtually influence the daily life of the majority of us,so it’s absurd to argue that their disappearance can simplify our life.Secondly,some ancient languages are key points to help us to figure out the mystery of our history.Without these languages,some of our history may have vanished over time.Thirdly,it’s the sense of cultural identity that matters to the nations which own the languages.The death of their languages means the deprivation of their spiritual home.

In my opinon ,language extinction should absolutely be attached great importance to. It’s not only because possessing a variety of languages shows our human’s language ability,but also on account of the cognitive diversity behind these languages.Each language often symbolizes a particular approach of thinking,therefore,even the rarest dialect can hide the secret mind structure which may inspire other cultures.Furthermore,the collision and fusion of languages and cultures are sure to motivate the improvement of human’s development and lead us to move on our civilization.

In conclusion,my view is that we may not decide the existence of the languages,but  all should not look down upon any of them. It’s our responsibility to give them a hand if possible.

April 21, 2020 at 8:28 pm

Score: 20.8

Issues:

1. About 70% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.