Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

• Yiran Huang
    University: yinghua international school
    Nationality: Chinese
    March 18, 2020 at 6:32 am

Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

It is undeniable that people like migrants always face many difficulties when they settle in a foreign-language country. While I disagree that problems caused by lacking language skills are extremely serious and cannot be overcome.

Be unfamiliar with foreign languages surely makes live abroad harder. First of all, the cultural barrier is the most common problem that non-native speakers always meet. Different customs build up different language structures. For me, it is really hard to understand jokes or puns in other languages. Secondly, many learners only study academic vocabulary but not daily expression. As an economics student, I am more familiar with “hyperinflation” rather than “shaver. Also, individuals’ words may sound rude when they are not good at a language. For example, people may not know how to say “please” or other words that sound politely.

However, these difficulties won’t lead to big problems, unless migrants chat with people disrespectfully. Many language skills can be improved during daily life. People will mimic other behavior instinctive so it is not hard to learn how others speak. What’s more, individuals can always overcome these difficulties as long as they keep studying. Also, most native speakers will understand migrant’s situation and be more magnanimous to them. As a Chinese, I will praise my friend when she speaks Chinese not because she is good at it, but she like Chinese culture and want to learn about China.

From what I addressed before, I don’t think the problems that non-native speakers face are serious as long as they keep improving themselves.

March 21, 2020 at 2:12 am

Score: 60.8

Issues:

1. Nearly 20% of the sentences are passive. Convert them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Yiran Huang
    March 22, 2020 at 9:11 am

Indeed, individuals always face many difficulties in their lives. Especially when they settle in a foreign-language country. While I disagree that problems caused by lacking language skills are severe. Also, they are possible to overcome.

Being unfamiliar with foreign languages makes live abroad harder. First of all, cultural barriers are a common issue that non-native speakers meet. Different customs build up different language structures. For me, it is troublesome to understand jokes or puns in other languages. Moreover, many learners only study academic vocabulary but not daily expression. As an economics student, I am more familiar with “hyperinflation” rather than “shaver. Also, individuals’ words may sound rude if people are not good at a language. For example, people may not know how to say “please” or other words that sound politely.

However, these difficulties won’t lead to horrible issues. Individuals can always develop their language skills in daily life. People will mimic others instinctively. Which means it is not hard to learn how others speak. What’s more, individuals can overcome these difficulties by persisting in studying. Also, most native speakers will understand migrant’s situation and they will be more kind to them. As a Chinese, I will praise my friend when she speaks Chinese. That is not because she is good at it. The main thing is she likes Chinese culture. Moreover, she wants to learn about China.

From what I addressed above, I don’t think non-native speakers cannot beat these problems. The thing people should do is improving themselves.

March 27, 2020 at 12:27 am

Score: 64.5

Indeed, individuals always face many difficulties in their lives. [ choppy sentence ] Especially when they settle in a foreign-language country. While I disagree that problems caused by lacking language skills are severe[ incomplete sentence ] . Also, they are possible to overcome.[ incomplete sentence ]

Being unfamiliar with foreign languages makes live abroad harder. First of all, cultural barriers are a common issue that non-native speakers meet. Different customs build up different language structures. For me, it is troublesome to understand jokes or puns in other languages.

Moreover, many learners only study academic vocabulary (but not)[ wrong phrase ] daily expression. As an economics student, I am more familiar with “hyperinflation” rather than “shaver. Also, individuals[change word  ] ’ words may sound rude if people are not good at a language. For example, people may not know how to say “please” or other words that sound politely.

However, these difficulties won’t lead to horrible issues. Individuals can always develop their language skills in daily life. People will mimic others instinctively. [  choppy sentence] Which means [ lack a pronoun ] it is not hard to learn how others speak. What’s more, individuals can overcome these difficulties by persisting in studying. Also, most native speakers will understand migrant’s situation [ punctuation error ] and they will be more kind[ word form error ] to them. As a Chinese, I will praise my friend when she speaks Chinese. That is not because she is good at it. The main thing is [  lack a pronoun] she likes [ article error ] Chinese culture. Moreover, she wants to learn about China.

From what I addressed above, I don’t think non-native speakers cannot beat these problems. The thing people should do is improving themselves.

Yiran Huang
    March 27, 2020 at 4:08 am

Indeed, individuals always face many difficulties in their lives, especially when they settle in a foreign-language country. However, I disagree that problems caused by lacking language skills are severe. Also, language abilities are possible to improve.

Being unfamiliar with foreign languages makes live abroad harder. First of all, cultural barriers are a common issue that non-native speakers meet. Different customs build up different language structures. For me, it is troublesome to understand jokes or puns in other languages.

Moreover, many learners only study academic vocabulary, not daily expression. As an economics student, I am more familiar with “hyperinflation” rather than “shaver. Also, migrants’ words may sound rude if people are not good at a language. For example, people may not know how to say “please” or other words that sound politely.

However, these difficulties won’t lead to horrible issues. Individuals can always develop their language skills in daily life. People will mimic others instinctively, which means that it is not hard to learn how others speak. What’s more, individuals can overcome these difficulties by persisting in studying. Also, most native speakers will understand migrants’ situation and they will be kinder to them. As a Chinese, I will praise my friend when she speaks Chinese. That is not because she is good at it. The main thing is that she likes Chinese cultures. Moreover, she wants to learn about China.

April 1, 2020 at 2:50 am

Invalid [Conflicting with another essay under revision. Submit this essay again once you complete the revision of the other one.]