Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

• Aiden
    Nationality: China
    April 18, 2020 at 9:16 am

Living in a country where you have to speak a foreign language can cause serious social problems, as well as practical problems. To what extent do you agree or disagree with this statement?

It is argued that if we live overseas in a foreign country we will meet the serious social problems and practical problems. In my view, it may be difficult in practicing but it is easy for us to solve social problems.

On one hand, it is true that practical problems happen easily in the foreign country. As a foreigner, we are unfamiliar with the local academic words, which makes a great challenge for us in studying and working. A foreigner may fall in work even with the help of colleagues and dictionaries due to some errors in grammar.

On the other hand, social matters is not a obstacle for us to contact the local society. Although we only spell simple words in the foreign country, we can communicate with others in many ways. For examples, if we want to buy something we do not know its precise name, we can describe it by several similar words. The most important point in communicating is not using formal vocabulary but making others understood.

To conclude, though we may meet difficulties in working and studying, thus making some practical problems in a foreign language speaking country. We can solve the social problems since grammar and vocabulary are not significant important factors in communication.

April 21, 2020 at 2:45 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Aiden
    April 22, 2020 at 2:44 am

It is argued that if we live overseas in a foreign country, we will meet social problems and practical problems. In my view, it may be difficult in working, but it is easy for us to solve social matters.

On the one hand, it is undoubtable that practical problems happen frequently in a foreign country. As a foreigner, we are unfamiliar with the local academic words, which makes a significant challenge for us in studying and working. It may can describe why some academic subjects’ language entry requirements in the universities are harsh for international students.

On the other hand, social matters are not obstacles for us to contact the local society. Although we only spell simple words in a foreign country, we can communicate with others in many ways. For example, if we want to buy something we do not know its exact name, we can describe it by several similar words. The most important point in communicating is not using formal vocabulary but making others understood.

To conclude, though we may meet difficulties in working and studying, thus making some practical problems in a foreign language speaking country. We can solve most social matters since grammar and vocabulary are not significantly important factors in communication.

April 22, 2020 at 9:54 pm

Score: 54.5

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

Aiden
    April 24, 2020 at 3:29 am

Some people think that if we live in a foreign country, it is uneasy for us to deal with the social problems and the practical problems. In my view, it may be difficult on working, but it is easy for us to solve social matters.

On the one hand, it is undoubted that we usually face problems about practical cases in a foreign country. The practical problems would be misunderstanding of culture. We might behave unpolitely in a different culture when we visiting a foreign country. We also find it is hard to find a job in a foreign country since we might not be appropriate for people we serve.

On the other hand, social matters are not obstacles for us to contact the local society. Although we only spell simple words in a foreign country, we can communicate with others in many ways. For example, if we want to buy something we do not know its exact name, we can describe it with several similar words.

To conclude, it can be said that there are a lot of misconceptions when we living in a foreign country, and in my view we can solve the social and the practical problems by educating ourselves about the foreign culture and getting familiar with the local society.

April 26, 2020 at 2:06 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 40% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.