Many countries have people from different cultures and ethnic groups. What is the reason for this? Is it a positive or negative development?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Many countries have people from different cultures and ethnic groups. What is the reason for this? Is it a positive or negative development?

University: BeiJing University of Chemical Technology
    Nationality: Chinese
    April 23, 2020 at 9:29 am

Nowadays a variety of countries have people from diverse cultures and ethnic groups. There are several reasons for this, and I consider it as a negative development.

There are several reasons for the advent of cultural and ethnic diversity. First of all, some people may have migratory intentions towards the countries with abundant resources. Because they may come from a deprived country, which fails to cater their basic needs. In addition, the inclusive society contains the existence of multiple cultures and ethnic groups. In fact, it means people will not feel restricted or discriminated because of their ethnic groups. Besides that, a vast territory may generate various living conditions, nurturing people with different habits, thus those people will create distinct cultures.

It seems to me that the diversity of cultures and ethnic groups will create some negative influences. In my opinion, racial discrimination is inevitable in a country with multiple cultures and races. Because people are more likely to mix those who are akin to themselves. Besides, different cultures and ethnic groups may fail to fuse, and the distinction between them will generate discrepancy instead. For example, an item may represent different meanings in two cultures, thus it is difficult for people under the two cultures to reach a concord. Also, cultural and ethnic diversity makes it complicated for governmental domination, considering the same policy may not apply in areas with different cultures and races.

In conclusion, a range of factors generate cultural and ethnic diversity, but I believe it develops countries in a negative way.

April 29, 2020 at 3:30 am

Invalid