material science major-RL

• JunShu
    University: Wuhan university of technology
    Nationality: Chinese
    July 13, 2021 at 4:26 am

To Whom It May Concern,

I warmly welcome this opportunity to recommend Jun Shu to your program. I came to know Jun Shu when she started to learn the operation of experimental instruments in the Nanostructure Research Center under my guidance in the Spring 2019 semester. Also, I served as her advisor for her research work. One of my major jobs was to advise her on fundamental research in electron microscopy. This involved exploring how materials characterization evolved from static observation to a dynamic one, delving into three-dimensional reconstruction from two-dimensional characterization, measuring visible strength and solving invisible phases to determine the magnetic, electrical and optical properties of the material, performing in situ dynamic observations with TALOS, learning FIB techniques and principles of the Spherical Aberration Corrected Transmission Electron Microscope. Because of this extended and intensive interaction, I can comment on her intellectual gifts and research potential.

Overall, Jun Shu’s performance was excellent. Jun Shu completed all assignments and tasks at the 100% level. Jun Shu showed a sound understanding of the subject matter and demonstrated good research skills. Her research design was logical and forward-looking, and her presentations were strong. My expectations were fully met. Note that her tasks were often complex, requiring hands-on and theoretical skills on many levels and a great deal of time to complete them. The efforts involved were both intense and required solid foundation knowledge and hard work. However, Jun Shu coped with all the challenges exceptionally well. I am very enthusiastic about this student.

What I like most about Jun Shu is her drive to achieve and her initiative. According to Jun Shu, She started to take a keen interest in various experimental instruments in the course Materials Preparation. As a result, she participated in many of my lectures and took the initiative to contact me, demonstrating her enthusiasm toward the field of materials science. Instead of being intimidated by problems she met, she always discussed them with me until they were solved. During our close conversation, I came to know that she has a clear vision of pursuing an advanced degree in materials science in the future, and she has been actively exploring multiple possibilities of her research direction. This is rarely seen among undergraduates. Her passion and initiative for research work, I believe, will help her achieve her goals.

I conclude that Jun Shu is a very promising student, and I can easily imagine her as a Ph.D. student in my own university in a materials science program. I think she would do great in such an environment. I would therefore highly recommend her for admission to your program without hesitation. If any other assistance is required regarding Jun Shu’s application, please feel free to contact me.

Best regards

August 2, 2021 at 4:04 am

This RL can also be significantly shortened without losing key infomation.