Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.

University: Nanjing Normal University
    Nationality: China
    May 26, 2021 at 2:43 am

Most advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.

Colorful lights, skinny models, and a more comfortable life, are all impressions that advertisements leave us. Advertisements make products seem much better than they really are.

First and foremost, most food advertisements look more delicious than in real life. Advertisements put the best version of the food, however, to cut down costs, manufacturers do not make it the best food for customers. For instance, if we look at the wraps of instant noodles, we will find various kinds of vegetables and meats in the picture. However, the real vegetables and meats inside the cup are just a few when you open it.

Moreover, clothes advertisements are more beautiful than in real life. It is obvious that many good-looking models and professional photographers who can help the clothes look much better in photos. For example, I usually shop online to buy some clothes because I don’t have enough time to go to a physical store. Unfortunately, many clothes are not as good as the pictures shown online so I have to return some of them. Many of my friends share the same idea that clothes look much better in advertisements.

In addition, many advertisements give us the illusion that we can live a fancy and comfortable life with the luxury goods they show. Taking Gucci bags as examples many young girls believe that they can have a better life when they have a Gucci bag. On the contrary, a Gucci bag cannot give a more comfortable life. The truth is they will trap you into a financial crisis after spending too much money on the expensive Gucci bags.

To conclude, most advertisements make us think the products are better and have more function than they originally have. This works in food, clothes, luxury goods, and even other advertisements.

May 26, 2021 at 3:06 am

Final revision

Colorful lights, skinny models and even (unnecessary) a more comfortable life, these (unnecessary) are all the (article error) impressions that advertisements leave to (unnecessary) us. Advertisements make the (article error) products seem much better than they really are.

First and foremost, most food advertisements look more delicious (than) in real life. This is because (unnecessary) advertisements put the best version of the food on the picture (simplify), but they will not make it the best for customers in order to cut down the costs (rephrase). For instance, if we look at the wraps of convenient noodles (word choice error), we will find there are (unnecessary) various kinds of vegetables and meats on (preposition error) the picture. However, the real vegetables and meats inside the cup is (verb form error) just few (word choice error) when you open it.

Moreover, the (unnecessary) advertisements on clothes (simplify) are more beautiful than we see it (unnecessary) in real life. It is obvious that (simplify) there are many good-looking models and professional photographers who can help the clothes look much better in photos. For example, I usually shop online to buy some clothes because I don’t have enough time to go to a physical store. Unfortunately, many clothes are not as good as the pictures shown online so I have to return some of them. Many of my friends share the same idea that clothes look much better on the advertisements (in advertisements).

In addition, many advertisements give us an (the) illusion that we can live a fancy and comfortable life with the luxury goods they show. Take Gucci bags as examples. Many young girls believe that they can have a better life when they have a Gucci bag. (combine these two sentences) On the contrary, a Gucci bag cannot give a more comfortable life. The truth is they will trap you into (a) financial crisis after spending too much money on the expensive Gucci bags.

To conclude, most advertisements make us think the products are better and have more function than they originally have. This works in food, clothes, luxury goods, and even other advertisements.