Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Dingguo W
    University: High school
    Nationality: China
    June 14, 2021 at 12:03 pm

Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

I’m so comfortable with the company of movies and television in my life that I can’t even picture what it would be like without them. As one of the young generation, I have benefited a great deal from movies and television. I believe many of the young people will share the same feeling with me. In my opinion, I disagree with the statement that movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave.

One of the most typical examples of how movies exerted a positive influence on the behaviors of young people is the movie, Forest Gump. I can vividly picture the scene when Forest spoke his famous line, “When I do not know what to do, I just run.” The spirit of Forest Gump expressed in the movie has motivated me many times in my life. Every time I feel disrupted and get lost, I recite the line “Run, Forest, run.”

Another example of how movies set up role models for the young generation is the movie that tells the story of the famous British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher, known as the “Iron Lady”. By observing the movie, I have learned that in the past, women are not allowed to vote in western countries. The obstacles and difficulties faced by Margaret in her way to politics and her strong and tough attitude toward her goal taught me to never give up. I have got to know that to achieve success, we women have to work harder than men and we should fight for our deserved rights.

I have benefited a lot from the movies and TV. By watching them, I have got the chance to experience the lives of the heroes. I will place myself in their shoes and change my perspectives to see the world. Although I do have seen some negative effects caused by some movies that have a lot of scenes involving violence and crimes. However, under appropriate supervision and edition, I believe that movies and television have more positive effects on the way the young generation behaves.

June 16, 2021 at 11:12 am

Invalid. [Complete the revision of your other essay prior to submitting this one.]