Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Scabbard Lee
    University: Zhejiang University
    Nationality: 中国
    March 29, 2020 at 9:21 am

Movies and television have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer. (TPO 51)

Nowadays movies and television have been a part of daily life, and we are under their influence unconsciously. In this case, some people worry that movie and TV have more negative effects than positive effects on the way young people behave. Yet in my opinion, pros of movies and TV overweigh their cons.

On the one hand, movies and TV are important learning source of young people. Young people, especially children, found movies and TV shows pretty engaging. In fact, even the entire entertaining show contains knowledge more or less, not to mention education shows like TED. Now that young people are able to enrich their knowledge with joy by watching a film or TV show, why should we forbid them to do so? My young sister is only 6 years old, unable to read by herself yet. There is always a period that all family members, including me, are too busy to read for her or company her. Under the circumstance, TV show is an ideal solution. We will let her watch Peppa Pig on iPad. She is fond of the show and even able to learn something practical in it.

On the other hand, movies and TV are suitable approach to relax. Despite negative factors that some contains, say, sex or violence, most movies and shows are aimed to relax you from daily pressure. In addition, there are many people watch variety shows to support their idols. Through such process, they can be motivated by their ideal and be motivated to continue their daily life. For instance, one of my friends majors in Chinese Literature. She was fed up with the staff that she needed to recite and wanted to give up. One day she watched a TV show named the reader and found her idol, Qing Dong. She was impressed by her literature basis and wanted to follow in her footsteps. Since then she was willing to dig into ancient verses and got the scholarship last semester.

In a word, movies and TV have their abundant advantages, which overweigh their disadvantages on the whole.

March 31, 2020 at 1:23 am

Score: Ungraded

Issues:

1. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.