Movies are worth watching only when they teach something about real life.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Movies are worth watching only when they teach something about real life.

• kikiiii
    University: Nanjing Forestry University
    Nationality: chinese
    August 9, 2020 at 11:24 am

In this fast-paced world, watching movies is quite an entertainment for individuals. However, someone argues only the movies that teach us about real life are beneficial. From my perspective, I cannot agree with this argument.

First, it seems that movies have benefits for people except for educational functions. Some people may watch some documents for knowledge, while others want to relax. The latter just need a movie which has a simple storyline and brings them laughter. For example, once I cannot understand why my uncle, a successful boss likes comedy. Later I realize that after working a long day, he enjoys sitting on the sofa with families watching the relaxing movies.

Second, we learn from not only movies reflecting the reality but also movies imagining the future. Science fiction movies stimulate people and give scientists inspiration for inventing. The incredible things today may take place in the future. For instance, when the first person proposed a plane, others cannot believe that humans can achieve it. I claim that with the development of technology, the picture that occurred in the science fiction movie will happen one day. Watching these movies is beneficial to cultivate imagination and creativity, which helps improve individuals’ competence in this society.

Although someone insists that people can only learn lessons from movies about real life, it is incorrect. Admittedly, people are familiar with the movie reflecting real life and learn things directly from the role’s behaviors and consequences. However, others like disaster movies also tell us a lot. Compared with traditional movies, they exaggerate matters while telling us truths in an implicit way. For example, The Wandering Earth alarms us to protect the earth and clarify the importance of persistence.

To sum up, judging from the advantages of different types of movies, we can conclude that each type of movie has its advantages.

August 11, 2020 at 4:04 am

Invalid [Complete the revision of your first essay prior to working on other essays. ]