Overall, the widespread use of the internet has a mostly positive effect on life in today’s world. Use reasons and details to support your opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Overall, the widespread use of the internet has a mostly positive effect on life in today’s world. Use reasons and details to support your opinion.

• gray
    University: The univeristy of Hong Kong
    Nationality: China
    April 13, 2021 at 9:28 pm

Overall, the widespread use of the internet has a mostly positive effect on life in today’s world. Use reasons and details to support your opinion.

The internet, without question, has become very important as almost every part of our life is now closely related to it such as attending work meetings through Skype, studying remotely through Zoom and watching videos on Youtube etc. However, whether the internet has more positive impacts than negative ones on our life is debated by people. While I strongly think that the internet exerts more positive effects on our life.

Firstly, the internet helps improve our life through instant information connections. For students, there is more access to advanced educational resources. For example, a student in China who is interested in computer science now can easily watch class videos from top tier universities like MIT and Stanford across Atlantic ocean in America. However, before we had vast use of the internet, this could not have occurred because of gigantic geographical distance. Also, the internet brings ample opportunities for booming commercial activities, as we see astounding transactions are observed in companies like Amzon or Alibaba. Thanks to the internet, people can have more choices to purchase goods from all over the world.

Secondly, the internet makes the world more peaceful and harmonious. For example, people are more accessible to news, it vastly improves their knowledge of the world. As a result, the internet helps people to understand diverse cultures and traditions in different countries, which poses a positive influence in increasing mutual understanding and easing hostility for people living in different nations. For example, my friend Tommy told me that one series of Youtube videos makes him anticipate a trip and minimize prejudice towards China. For comparison, in the pre-internet era, limited choices were available to people to learn about other countries. In this case, hostility towards other countries is easy to irrigate.

In conclusion, I think the internet as one of the most significant inventions brings more benefits to humanity. That is because it has improved our life and promoted world peace.

April 13, 2021 at 10:03 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Simplify or split them. (TOEFL/IELTS: 15%- qualifies for non-software revision; 30% applies to GRE writing)
    2. About 20% of the sentences are passive; convert them into their active counterparts. (10%- qualifies for non-software TOEFL/IELTS/GRE writing revision );
    3. Misplaced words/phrases.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

gray
    University: The univeristy of Hong Kong
    Nationality: China
    April 13, 2021 at 10:46 pm

The internet, without question, has become very important in our life. Such as attending work meetings through Skype, studying remotely through Zoom and watching videos on Youtube, etc. However, whether the internet has more positive impacts than negative ones on our life is debated by people. I think that the internet exerts more positive effects on our life.

First, the internet helps improve our life through instant information connections. For students, there is more access to advanced educational resources. Today, a student in China interested in computer science has access to class videos from top-tier universities like MIT and Stanford in America. However, before the widespread use of the internet, this could not happen because of the geographical distance limitation. Also, the internet brings ample opportunities for booming commercial activities, as we see astounding transactions of companies like Amazon or Alibaba. Thanks to the internet, people now have more choices in purchasing goods, which leads to a better living standard and reduce living costs.

Second, the internet makes the world more peaceful and harmonious. People are more accessible to news, which vastly improves their knowledge of the world. Therefore, the internet helps people get to know different cultures and traditions, promotes mutual understanding, and reduces hostility among people living in various countries. For example, my friend Tommy told me that one series of Youtube videos makes him anticipate a trip and reduce his prejudices towards China. For comparison, in the pre-internet era, limited choices were available to people to learn about other countries. In this case, hostility towards other nations is easy to arouse, just like the cold war between the soviet-union and America.

In conclusion, I think the internet, one of the most significant technological inventions, brings more benefits than harms to humanity. That is because it has improved our life and promoted world peace.

April 17, 2021 at 2:01 am

The internet, without question, has become very important in our life. Such as attending work meetings through Skype, studying remotely through Zoom and watching videos on Youtube, etc.[grammatical error  ] However, whether the internet has more positive impacts than negative ones on our life is [ being ] debated by people. I think that the internet exerts more positive effects on our life.

First, the internet helps improve our life through[ unclear preposition ] instant information connections. For students, there is (more access)[grammatical error  ] to advanced educational resources. Today, (a student in China interested)[ unclear ] in computer science has access to class videos from[unclear preposition  ] top-tier universities like MIT and Stanford in America. However, before (the widespread use of the)[ wordy ] internet, this[ unclear pronoun ] could not happen because of the[ article error ] geographical distance limitation. Also, the internet brings (ample opportunities)[ word form error ] for booming commercial activities, (as we see astounding transactions of companies like Amazon or Alibaba)[wordy/grammatical error  ] . Thanks to the internet, people now have more choices in purchasing goods, which leads to a better living standard and reduce[ grammatical error ] living costs.

Second, the internet makes the world more peaceful and harmonious.[ loss of logical connection between sentences ] People are more accessible to news, which vastly[wrong adverb  ] improves their knowledge of the world. Therefore, the internet helps people get to know different cultures and traditions, promotes mutual understanding, and reduces hostility among people[ word form error ] living in various countries. For example, my friend Tommy told me that one series of Youtube videos makes[ grammatical error ] him[my friend Tommy  ] anticipate a trip[ incompleteness ] and reduce[ grammatical error ] his prejudices[ word form error ] towards China. For comparison, in the pre-internet era, limited choices were available (to people to learn)[avoid using 2 ‘to’ in one sentence  ] about other countries. In this case, hostility towards other nations is easy to arouse, just like the cold war between the soviet-union and America.

In conclusion, I think the internet, one of the most significant technological inventions, brings more benefits than harms to humanity. That is because it has improved our life and promoted world peace.