In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

University: BeiJing University of Chemical Technology
    Nationality: Chinese
    April 3, 2020 at 5:14 pm

In some countries, many more people are choosing to live alone nowadays than in the past. Do you think this is a positive or negative development?

It is true that nowadays adolescents tend to live alone, and there are a variety of reasons for this. In my opinion, it will influence the society in a positive way.

A range of reasons make young people choose to live by themselves. First of all, living alone creates a free environment, which they have the liberty of doing anything without considering other people’s feelings. Also, living by themselves is able to eliminate the discrepancy generated by living with others. Because people’s views always diverge in various aspects, and are more likely to have discrepancy than reaching the consensus. In addition, some young people have the awareness of enhancing their independence, and they would like to achieve this goal by living alone, which provides them an opportunity to exercise the ability of coping with issues by themselves.

It seems to me that the development of the society is immensely benefited when the young generation is more willing to live alone. I believe it is the most effective way to improve their independence. They have to face a bunch of challenges, such as how to manage the budgets, or how to cope with the loneliness when they live alone. By contrast, excessive dependence on others will undermine people’s ability, and this will even impact your career in a negative way. The sooner young people live by themselves the better.

In conclusion, the young generation shows the tendency towards living by themselves, and it has a positive impact on the development of the society.

April 3, 2020 at 10:59 pm

Score: Ungraded

Issues:

1. About 50% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.