People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Esperanza
    University: Peking University
    Nationality: China
    October 12, 2020 at 11:31 am

People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment-doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Nowadays, the idea that people should do personal enjoyment-doing things at first because life is too short becomes popular. It causes someone’s concern that people waste too much time on things they want but not things they should do. I disagree with this argument for the following reasons.

From the personal aspect, doing things that people like is the general meaning of their life, if people don’t spend enough time on things they want, they might lose the passion of their life because of the emotional burden. Take me for example, I always force myself to study hard and play less, which are the things I think I should do, while spending less time on what I want, such as watch the anime I like. As a result, I get depressed because of the study burden and have to make psychological counseling. I follow my consultant’s suggestion to spend more time on anime I enjoy, which makes me refreshed gradually and energizes me to do things I should do such as finish my homework so that I can enjoy anime without burden. My experience shows that spending time on enjoyment-doing things is necessary to maintain one’s passion for life.

From the social aspect, it is worth encouraging people to spend time on things they enjoy, which can help to maximize people’s productivity. For instance, a friend of mine loves to play games, which drives him to find a job that can support his game playing. At last, he becomes a human-computer interaction researcher who studies game design and development, in detail, how to develop games that are both fun and less addictive. Doing the thing he enjoys not only helps him to satisfy his personal needs but also drives him to work hard on things benefit society.

In all, it is necessary for people to spend enough time on things they enjoy, which can encourage them to work hard on things they should to meet their needs of enjoyment, and contribute to society at the same time.

October 12, 2020 at 3:05 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Lengthy paragraphs. Restrict each paragraph to 90 words.
    2. About 60% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Esperanza
    October 12, 2020 at 4:58 pm

Here is my revised writing:

Nowadays, many people think that they should do things they enjoy at first because life is too short. It causes someone’s concern that people waste too much time on things they want but not things they should do. I disagree with this argument for the following reasons.

From the personal aspect, it is a general meaning for people to do things that they like. If people don’t spend enough time on things they want, they might lose their passion for life because of their increasing emotional burden. Take me for example, I always force myself to study hard and play less, which are the things I should do. I spend less time on what I want, such as watch the anime I like. As a result, I get depressed because of the study burden and have to make psychological counseling. I follow my consultant’s suggestion to spend more time on anime I enjoy, which makes me refreshed. I gradually get the energy to do things I should do such as finish my homework so that I can enjoy anime without burden. My experience shows that spending time on enjoyment-doing things is necessary to maintain one’s passion for life.

From the social aspect, it is worth encouraging people to spend time on things they enjoy, which can help to maximize their productivity. For instance, a friend of mine loves to play games, which drives him to find a job that can support his game playing. At last, he becomes a human-computer interaction researcher who develops games that are fun and less addictive. Doing the thing he enjoys not only helps him to meet his personal needs but also drives him to work hard on things that benefit society.

In all, people must spend enough time on things they enjoy, which can help maintain their energy. Then, people can work well on things they should do and contribute to society.

October 12, 2020 at 8:15 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 30% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

October 12, 2020 at 8:16 pm

Nowadays, many people think that they should do[ article error ] things they enjoy (at first)[ wrong phrase/redundant ] because life is too short. It [ unclear pronoun ] causes someone’s concern that people waste too[ repetition/redundant ] much time on things they want (but not)[ wrong phrase ] things they should do. I disagree with this argument[ which argument? ] for the following reasons.[ summarize your reasons ]

From (the personal)[ unclear ] aspect, it [ unclear pronoun ] is a general meaning for people to do things that they like. If people don’t spend enough time on things they want, they might lose their passion for life because of their increasing emotional burden. Take me for example, I always force myself to study hard and play less, which are the things I should do. I spend less time on what I want, such as watch the anime I like. As a result, I get depressed because of the study burden and have to make psychological counseling. I follow my consultant’s suggestion to spend more time on anime I enjoy, which makes me refreshed. I gradually get the energy to do things I should do such as finish my homework so that I can enjoy anime without burden. My experience shows that spending time on enjoyment-doing things is necessary to maintain one’s passion for life.

From the social aspect, it is worth encouraging people to spend time on things they enjoy, which can help to maximize their productivity. For instance, a friend of mine loves to play games, which drives him to find a job that can support his game playing. At last, he becomes a human-computer interaction researcher who develops games that are fun and less addictive. Doing the thing he enjoys not only helps him to meet his personal needs but also drives him to work hard on things that benefit society.

In all, people must spend enough time on things they enjoy, which can help maintain their energy. Then, people can work well on things they should do and contribute to society.

October 12, 2020 at 8:21 pm

Partial revision [ Most sentences are unclear.]

Esperanza
    October 13, 2020 at 8:27 am

Thanks! Here is my 2nd revision:

Nowadays, many people think that they should do enjoyment-things first because life is too short. Such thought causes someone’s concern that people waste much time on things they want rather than things they should do. From my perspective, such concern ignores the necessity and benefit of doing enjoyment-things in one’s life.

First, people must do things that they like. If people don’t spend enough time on their enjoyment-things, their emotional burden might increase, which can impact their efficiency on things they should do. Take me for example, I always force myself to do things I should do, such as study hard. I spend little time on things I like, such as the anime. As a result, I get tired of study, sitting before the table without writing down a word. The more homework I procrastinate, the more stressed I feel. Finally, I get depressed and have to make psychological counseling. I follow my consultant’s suggestion to spend more time on anime I enjoy, which makes me relaxed and energizes me to do things I should do. My experience shows that spending time on enjoyment-doing things is necessary to maintain the efficiency of things should do.

Then, it is worth encouraging people to spend time on things they enjoy, which can help to maximize their productivity. For instance, a friend of mine loves to play games, which drives him to find a job that can support his game playing. At last, he becomes a human-computer interaction researcher who develops games that are fun and less addictive. Doing enjoyment-things helps him meet his personal need, and drives him to work hard on the things that benefit society.

In all, people must spend enough time on things they enjoy to maintain their efficiency, work well on things they should do, and contribute to society.

October 13, 2020 at 4:03 pm

Score: 60.2

Nowadays, many people think that they should do enjoyment-things firsprioritize personal enjoyment because life is too short. Such thought causes someone’s This causes concern that people waste too much time on things they want rather than things they should do. From my perspective, such concern ignores the necessity and benefits of doing enjoyment-things doing enjoyable things in one’s life.

First, people must do things that they like. If people don’t do not spend enough time on finding joy their enjoyment-things, their emotional burden stress will might increase, which can impacts their efficiency in other areas of life on things they should do. Take me f For example, I always force myself to do things I should do, such as study hard., and I spend little time on things I like, such as the anime. As a result, I get tired of studying, and sitting at before the table without writing down a word. Then I procrastinate, and the more homework I procrastinate, the more stressed I feel. Finally, As a result, I get became depressed and have had to make receive psychological counseling. I followed my consultant’s suggestions to spend more time on anime I enjoy, which makes me relaxed and energizes me to do the things I should do. My experience shows that spending time on activities I enjoy enjoyment-doing things is necessary to perform other necessary tasks maintain the efficiency of things should do.

Then, Also, it is worth encouraging people to spend time on things they enjoy, which can help to maximize their productivity. For instance, a friend of mine loves to play games, which drives him to find a job ro that can support his hobby game playing. At last As a result, he becomes became a human-computer interaction researcher and who develops games that are fun and less addictive. Doing enjoyment-things Doing things he enjoyed helps helped him meet his personal needs, and drives drove him to work hard on the things that benefit society.

In conclusion, all, people must spend enough time on things they enjoy to maintain their efficiency, work well on things they should do, and contribute to society.

October 13, 2020 at 4:04 pm

Final revision