People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment – doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment – doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• onahole
    University: High School
    Nationality: China
    March 19, 2020 at 1:45 pm

People today spend too much time on personal enjoyment – doing things they like to do rather than doing things they should do. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

There was an old saw that once said “A man should have a hobby”. Having a hobby is becoming a prevalent thing to do for most citizens in today’s world. People can enjoy their personal time when engaging in their activities alone. It is beneficial for their personal development, health, and state of mind. There are some people argue that individuals now spend excessive time on personal enjoyment rather than on the work they should do. Personally, I partially agree with this statement.

Having a hobby seems to be no harm for the individuals’ personal life. A well-educated adult can tell the difference between the importance of recreation and the tasks to fulfil.  Take myself as an example, I have a variety of hobbies, such as playing saxophone, skateboarding, and illustrating arts. Despite this, I only spend portion of my time on my personal enjoyment. I enjoy my hobbies while finishing my school work on time and being a straight A student in campus.

However, it is very difficult to set a boundary for the “things” that people should do and what are considered as personal enjoyments. As for most ordinary people, they contemplate tasks like earning a degree, or finding a well-paid job as the “things” that they should do. In fact, I know some people who are well known for their transition of hobbies into careers. Take Mark Zuckerberg as an example, the founder of Facebook. Mark was like anybody during his college years, studying, taking lectures, and doing his homework at first; however, he likes to work on his personal enjoyment once he has time along with the fond of the Internet. Mark decided to drop out of the college, because he knew that his goal is not about getting a degree or finding a nice job, but to do the thing that intrigues him.

After looking at these examples above, which are my personal experience of balancing my time, and Mark’s idea. One can come to the conclusion that it is very hard to determine what are the “things” people should do.

March 24, 2020 at 3:29 am

Score: 69.2

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.