Professors should prohibit the use of devices that can connect to the Internet in class.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Professors should prohibit the use of devices that can connect to the Internet in class.

• sgdmimi
    University: Nanjing Agricultural University
    Nationality: 中国
    November 24, 2019 at 1:43 am

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement? Professors should prohibit the use of devices that can connect to the Internet in class.

As we see, besides traditional used textbooks and notebooks, today, more and more students turn to electronic products that can connect to the Internet in class. From my point of view, professors should allow students to use them rather than prohibit them.

For one thing, most students find such devices convenient. Nowadays studying by computers or other electronic equipment is becoming more and more helpful. The number of students enjoying studying by not paper-made textbooks but laptops or pads is increasing. In this situation, if we stop them from using these things, students who are used to electronic devices will undoubtedly feel inconvenient. Meanwhile, many students like to search on the Internet when being stuck by problems. Searching engines like Google and Yahoo are at high speed as long as accuracy, being able to answer students’ complicated questions. Thus, studying with these devices is so indispensable that it shouldn’t be forbidden.

For another, such devices are also beneficial to group-study. Nowadays, in most cases, teachers tend to encourage students to study in groups, to help them build a spirit of cooperation. Students get information more easily with electronic products, which is helpful in group study. Once, for instance, my computer science teacher asked us to finish a project through teamwork. My group members and I set up a WeChat group and shared completed work on it. Requisite information was also uploaded on it. Therefore, we could choose to download whatever we need according to our desire without asking others for help. It was because of the convenience of the WeChat group that we finished our project successfully. Our working effectiveness would decrease without the Internet. Hence, electronic devices bring us convenience via the Internet. We have no reason to refuse using them.

All in all, in light of the two reasons, I cannot entirely agree with the statement.

December 20, 2019 at 10:51 pm

Score: 61.8

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

December 20, 2019 at 10:55 pm

As we see, besides traditional[ grammatical error ] used textbooks and notebooks, today, more and more students turn to electronic products that can connect to the Internet in class. From my point of view, professors should allow students to use them[unclear pronoun  ] rather than prohibit them. [ unclear pronoun ]

For one thing, most students find such devices convenient. Nowadays studying by computers or other electronic equipment is becoming more and more helpful. The number of students enjoying studying by not none-paper-made textbooks but laptops or pads is increasing. In this situation, if we stop them from using these things, students who are used to electronic devices will undoubtedly feel inconvenient. Meanwhile, many students like to search on the Internet when being stuck by problems. Searching engines like Google and Yahoo are at high speed as long as accuracy[ unclear ], being able to answer students’ complicated questions. Thus, studying with these devices is so indispensable that it shouldn’t be forbidden.

For another, such devices are also beneficial to group-study. Nowadays, in most cases, teachers tend to encourage students to study in groups, [ coordinating word error ]to help them build a spirit of cooperation. Students get information more easily with electronic products, which is helpful in group study. Once, for instance, my computer science teacher asked us to finish a project through teamwork. My group members and I set up a WeChat group and shared completed work on it. Requisite information was also uploaded on it. Therefore, we could choose to download whatever we need according to our desire without asking others for help. It was because of the convenience of the WeChat group that we finished our project successfully. Our working effectiveness would decrease without the Internet. Hence, electronic devices bring us convenience via the Internet. We have no reason to refuse using them.

[There are many choppy sentences, and you need to connect them with transitory word/words. ]