Prompt: Governments should offer college and university education free of charge to all students.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. GRE Writing Prompt: Governments should offer college and university education free of charge to all students.

• chengting71
    University: NTU
    Nationality: Taiwan
    June 26, 2022 at 7:53 am

I disagree with the argument that governments should make the cost of studying in higher-education institutions free. Instead, I suggest that governments must enact student loaning policies.

Some may argue that if poor but talented students cannot enter colleges or universities since they can’t afford the fees, it will undermine a nation’s educational, technical, and scientific fundamentals. An alternative way is to offer poor students student loans. Not only does it enables poor students to gain more knowledge after high-school graduation, but it also costs less than free charging. Students are not required to pay back the money until they graduate and start working. Hence, they can pay full attention on their school work instead of being distracted by taking part-time jobs to earn their tuition.

In addition, I assume that students may become lazy after entering college and university if they do not have to pay off anything. For example, in the 1980s in Taiwan, there were only twenty percent of high-school graduates were able to go to college and university since there were relatively few higher-education institutions than modern days. Students in the past not only studied hard to gain the entrance ticket of colleges and universities, but they also remained hardworking even after they had already become veritable college and university students! However, it is not rare that students nowadays often skip classes and fail their academic scores because of their laziness. A large number of universities and colleges increases higher-education availability, causing studying in a university and college a normal phenomenon in Taiwanese society. Therefore, most students take it for granted and even consider it compulsory, not to tell if one day, students are not required to pay for higher-education will they not cherish any learning opportunities.

To what degree people pay out decides their attitudes toward it. To prevent students from taking learning opportunities for granted, governments should give poor students a helping hand by offering student loans rather than lowering entrance standards.

June 26, 2022 at 1:53 pm

Please add my WeChat account. Thanks.

chengting71
    University: NTU
    Nationality: Taiwan
    June 28, 2022 at 8:12 am

Hi, I’ve added your Wechat account a few days ago, thank you! 🙂

July 3, 2022 at 1:24 am

I disagree with the argument that governments should make the cost of studying in higher-education institutions free. Instead, I suggest that governments must [grammatical error/suggest  ] enact student loaning[word form error  ] policies.

Some may argue that if poor but talented students cannot [ could not/ did not ] enter colleges or universities since they can’t afford the fees, it will[grammatical error  ] undermine a nation’s educational, technical, and scientific fundamentals[/infrastructures  ] . [incoherence  ] An alternative way is to offer poor students student loans. Not only does it enables[ grammatical error ] poor students to gain more knowledge after high-school graduation, but it also costs less than free charging[ unclear ] .[transitional issue  ] Students are not required to pay back the money until they graduate and start working. Hence, they can pay full attention on[ preposition error ] their school work instead of being distracted by taking part-time jobs to earn their tuition.

In addition, I assume that students may become lazy after entering college and university if they do not have to pay off anything[unclear  ] . For example, in [In  ] the 1980s in Taiwan, there were only twenty percent of high-school graduates were[grammatical error  ] able to go to college and university since there were relatively few higher-education institutions than modern days[ verbose/unclear sentence ] . Students in the past not only studied hard to gain the entrance ticket of [ to ] colleges and universities, but they also remained hardworking even after they had already become veritable college and university students![verbose/unclear  ] However, it is not rare that students nowadays often skip classes and fail their academic scores because of their laziness[verbose/unclear  ] . A large number of universities and colleges increases higher-education availability[unclear  ] , causing studying in a university and college a normal phenomenon in [ article error ] Taiwanese society. Therefore, most students take it[unclear pronoun  ] for granted and even consider it[ unclear pronoun ] compulsory, (not to tell if one day, students are not required to pay for)[ verbose/unclear ] higher-education[spelling error  ] will they not cherish any learning opportunities[ grammatical error ] .

To what degree people pay out[ unclear ] decides their attitudes toward it[ unclear pronoun ] . To prevent students from taking learning opportunities for granted, governments should give poor students a helping hand by offering student loans rather than lowering entrance standards[ unclear ] .