Providing Internet access is just as important as other services, such as building roads, so governments should offer Internet access to all of their citizens at no cost. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. TOEFL Writing Providing Internet access is just as important as other services, such as building roads, so governments should offer Internet access to all of their citizens at no cost. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

• Marion
    University: Nanjing University
    Nationality: China
    July 25, 2020 at 4:19 pm

Providing Internet access is just as important as other services, such as building roads, so governments should offer Internet access to all of their citizens at no cost. Use specific reasons and examples to support your answer.

Admittedly, the internet has become an essential part in people’s lives, and such fact leads impressionable people to generate the opinion that it’s government’s duty to provide internet access to all citizens for free. However, such a statement suffers from both logical and factual fallacies, and it should be examined meticulously. I strongly hold that the government shouldn’t offer free internet access to all people.

First of all, the government doesn’t have enough funding to provide free internet access. Undoubtedly, internet service costs lots of money for building and maintaining so it’s not an easy thing to provide it for free. Recently, the government’s budget has become increasingly tight due to the bad economic environment so that it’s impossible for them to offer free internet access. They have to spend money on  The limited budget requires the government to give priority to more vital services, such as medical care and national defense.

Secondly, it’s unnecessary to offer free internet access since not everyone needs it. Many old people don’t like to use the smartphone or computer, so it will be a waste of money to offer them free internet access. For example, my grandparents is a compelling example. They read newspapers, take care of grandsons, and talk with neighbors every day. They don’t need the internet and even don’t want it because they think using electronic devices will be harmful to their health. As a result, it’s meaningless to provide free internet access for all people.

Third, providing internet access at no cost has a risk of making people addicted to the internet. Nowadays, addiction to the internet has become a very serious problem, especially among children. If the government offers free internet service, a number of people may spend most of their time playing computer games, watching videos, etc, since they don’t have to spend money. Addiction to the internet not only does harm to physical health but will also cause severe mental issues since people become isolated from the real world when using the internet. Consequently, we shouldn’t provide free internet to avoid such a situation.

July 27, 2020 at 9:05 pm

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. Avoid contractions
    2. Wordy – remove unnecessary words
    3. About 45% of the sentences exceed 20 words. Shorten/split them.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

July 27, 2020 at 9:05 pm

Please add my WeChat account and remind me of sending you screenshots.