Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are too high, while others argue that their salaries are fair. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

TOEFL, IELTS, Personal Statement and CV Proofreading Services. IELTS Writing Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are too high, while others argue that their salaries are fair. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

• Sean
    University: 西南政法
    Nationality: China
    May 21, 2020 at 5:17 pm

Some people believe that the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are too high, while others argue that their salaries are fair. Discuss both views and give your opinion.

People have different views about whether the salaries paid to professional sportspeople are fair or not. In my view, the salaries of sportspeople should be compatible with the wages most people earn.

There are two main reasons why it could be argued that the salaries paid to sportspeople are fair. Firstly, sports stars entertain millions of people. For example, there are countless fans of sports around the world watching sports programs every day for fun and entertainment, which also encourages them to do sports and improve their skills. Secondly, money is necessary to improve facilities and train athletes. This ensures athletes to get better training and even can get effective feedback by high-tech analysis.

However, I would agree that sports professionals earn too much money than they should. We could all live happily without professional football players, but life would be difficult without doctors, engineers and other vital professionals. Society does not seem to value these professions as highly as the professional sportspeople. For example, doctors and scientists who have made great contributions to the society earn meager income. Therefore, it’s extremely unfair to pay sportspeople much more than valuable people like scientists.

In conclusion, while there are reasons to believe that sportspeople deserve earning so much money, my view is that they are paid much more than they should.

May 22, 2020 at 2:06 am

Score: ungraded

Issues:

1. About 15% of the sentences are passive. Convert some of them into their active counterparts.
    2. Minimize redundant expressions such as THERE BE.

I will send you screenshots to illustrate specific problems/errors.

Tagged: